While the official Android store is packed with millions of apps and games, it doesn’t have everything. That’s where ACMarket comes in, offering an alternative app store packed with unofficial apps and games, all for free. And not only does it work perfectly on Android devices, but it can also be downloaded onto your PC or Mac.
How to Download ACMarket on PC or Mac
ACMarket is primarily an Android app and doesn’t have official support for desktop computers. However, there is an easy way to install it, and that’s by using an Android emulator. We recommend you use Bluestacks or Nox as both are reliable, free, and very easy to use. Both also have support for macOS and Windows XP or higher.
- Download Nox or Bluestacks emulator onto your PC or Mac
- Next, using your browser, open https://ac-market.org, and download the ACMarket Android APK file onto your computer.
- If you don’t have a Google account, set one up now, for free – you will need it to sign into the emulator.
- Launch the emulator on your computer, sign in, and allow it time to set up – this may take several minutes.
- Now go to the search bar in the emulator and type in ACMarket.
- Click on the result and wait for it to be installed – when it is done, the app store will be available from the home screen of your emulator.
How to Use ACMarket
This is simple enough:
- Open the emulator
- Click ACMarket and wait for it to open
- Search for whatever app or game you want and click on it
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install it
There are a few common errors that you may come across while installing and using ACMarket on your PC or Mac; these are the solutions:
App Not Installed
This could be down to a couple of reasons, and there are two potential fixes:
Method 1: Clear Package Installer Cache and Data
- Launch your computer settings app and look for the Apps section
- Find System and then Package Installer
- Tap Clear Cache and Clear Data
Method 2: Clear Some Space on Your Computer
The commonest reason for apps not installing is a lack of space. Do some house-keeping on your computer – delete any files that you don’t need any longer, move your media files to the cloud or to an external storage device, delete unused apps and remove anything else you don’t need. Also, make sure you have a minimum of 2GB RAM free.
ACMarket Stopped Working
Once again, this could be for a couple of reasons, and there are two solutions:
Method 1: Reset App Preferences
- On your PC or Mac, locate the App Manager
- Go to All Apps and click on Reset App Preferences
- Click on Reset Now, and you should find that the app works just fine
Method 2: Clear Package Installer Data and Cache
- Find your App Manager in your computer Settings
- Go to System Apps and find Package Installer
- Tap it and then tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache in turn
These are the commonest issues you are likely to face and are all easy to fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are some commonly asked questions about ACMarket, and these are the answers to those questions:
Is ACMarket Free?
Yes. You will never have to pay anything to use ACMarket, nor will you have to pay for the emulator, as both Nox and Bluestacks are free to use. Every app and game, even the unofficial ones, included in ACMarket, is also free to download and use. The only thing you will find are ads, but this is common in free apps, particularly unofficial apps, as it is how the developers make money, so you can use their app for free.
Is It Safe to Use?
Yes. ACMarket is used by millions of people the world over as their main app store. It uses a secure, fast service for all your downloads, but it would be wise to ensure you have decent anti-virus software on your computer, just to ensure your own safety.
Can I Use it on Any platform?
ACMarket is, officially, an Android app, and the only way you can use it on your PC or Mac is to use an Android emulator. It is not available for any other mobile platform.
Will ACMarket Void the Warranty on my New PC?
No. It is completely legal and doesn’t require any special permissions to install it. Android emulators are also legal to use. Neither the emulator nor ACMarket will interfere with anything else on your computer and will not circumvent any security in place.
Can I Use Game Emulators?
Yes, you can, and ACMarket offers several to choose from. Emulators are nothing more than a piece of software that tricks the hardware into believing it is a games console, allowing you to play your favorite console games on your PC. You can play games from the PlayStation, PPSSPP, Nintendo, Wii, and much more.
ACMarket is an excellent choice for an alternative app store, and now you can have it on your PC or Mac too. With thousands of free apps and games to choose from, you won’t want to go back to your platform’s official store.
Do share this with others and tell the developers what you think of their app store.