The purpose of this article is just to make sure that the best Showbox alternatives for Android, iPhone and Windows PCs are talked about in detail with their features highlighted.
If you’ve heard of Showbox, then chances are that you’re a huge movie buff since the app is a terrific portal to help you engage in streaming movies and TV shows from your smartphone, tablet and in some cases, your desktop computer. One would consider Showbox to be near flawless but there are a few caveats to using this service. There is no doubt, the official site of ShowBox provides you with unlimited access to free movies. However, if in case you still are curious to know about its alternatives then keep reading the list of Showbox alternatives mentioned below.
10 Similar Apps Like Showbox as Alternatives
If you’re looking for something that provides you a bit of uniqueness, then we highly recommend checking out these 10 best similar apps like Showbox as alternatives to Showbox in 2018. If there is something missing from the popular app, it should definitely be covered by these other choices we have drafted for you.
1. PlayBox HD (Android, iOS) – Best Alternative to Showbox
PlayBox HD is one of those similar app like Showbox that looks and feels just like the latter. It works very similarly to Showbox and we believe that the only possible distinction to separate the confusion if you are using a different application is that PlayBox HD features a bluish theme.
Other than that, the program works nearly identical to Showbox. As the name of the application suggests, there is a ton of HD content available for the streamer so you are able to use any phone or tablet for media consumption purposes. However, it is still recommended that you use a device that sports a larger display because that will result in a more enjoyable experience.
- Absolutely free of cost
- No premium version that will provide you with additional features
- All features are present in the free apps available for Android and iOS (iPhone)
- Picture quality is superb
- App might end up behaving haphazardly before and sometimes might not work properly in fine mode
2. MegaBox HD For Android
MegaBox is another terrific Showbox alternative for the Android smartphone or tablet user that enables you to get your entire fix with a ton of content separated into movies and TV shows. It behaves very similarly to Showbox so as far as getting used to the application goes, you are expected to feel right at home unless of course you have never used Showbox before.
Since there are several different sections in the menu, you will not be confused with the sort of content you’ve intended to watch. If there was a small complaint from this otherwise terrific application, it would be that you’re always being bombarded with ads. Other than that, you will really have to start nitpicking if you want to report about some issues because MegaBox HD looks and works beautifully.
- The option to choose between 360p and 720p content depending on your internet connection
- Reliable and powerful server that does not trigger lag or slowdowns during the streaming session (this will depend on your internet connection)
- You can effortlessly ‘favourite’ a movie to come back and watch it
- You will be bombarded with ads while you’re watching movies or TV shows
3. Movie Box
Movie Box also comes under the list of best apps like Showbox since this app oozes features that are very similar in nature to Showbox. If English is not your ‘go to’ language for watching movies then we hate to be the bearer of bad news but this app only provides support for Russian and English languages. In addition, before you begin to start to stream content, you will have to watch a trailer. This can become a bit annoying for some users who have a small capacity of patience in their tank.
- Newest lineup of movies on Movie Box release very quickly
- Has ‘simple to use’ tools that can become very easy to get used to
- Watching a trailer every time before streaming the actual movie can become an annoying experience for most viewers
4. Popcorn Time (Android, iOS & Linux)
Popcorn Time is as unique as the name of the program itself. It has cemented its position as a leading Showbox replacement because it provides support for Android, iOS, and Linux operating systems. It also fires up real quick from your smartphone or tablet and you can seamlessly change its interface and language in a jiffy. Popcorn Time definitely has to be the closest thing to Showbox and if you have not been using it, then you are missing out.
- Supports Android, iOS and Linux platforms
- You can choose plenty of subtitles if you don’t understand the verbal parts of the movie
- Smart TV connection is supported
- You can tweak the interface and language to your liking
- Popcorn Time occasionally crashes and they have not found a way around this little bug, but annoying bug
5. Crackle (Android)
Another stellar Showbox substitute for the Android operating system is Crackle. With more than 20 million users registered, it definitely looks to be a popular application for smartphone and tablet owners so imagine how high that number would be if Crackle would be available for a wide range of platforms such as iOS, Windows, and macOS. Using the app, Crackle allows you to watch movies and TV shows without experiencing any roadblocks in between.
Smart TV connection support is also present although the software of that smart TV should be compatible with the application. Unfortunately, since it updates its movie and TV show repository every month, it potentially means that you will not be able to enjoy the latest content for a minimum of 30 days.
- If you’re short on time, you can always save movies that you will end up watching later
- Variety of subtitles to choose from if you do not understand the wordings
- Content quality is beyond satisfying
- Content gets updated once every month so you will not always get lucky in streaming the latest and greatest family of TV shows and movies
6. Hub Streaming
Hub Streaming is yet another formidable alternative to Showbox that offers multiple choices in terms of streaming content. Firstly, there is a wide selection of movies to choose and if that was not enough then you also have the option to download content at your own accord. Unfortunately, it is only available for Android so if you are currently using an iOS device, you will be out of luck. Having said that, you might want to switch to an Android smartphone down the road so you can enjoy an entire barrage of movies.
- Sharing movie links with others can be done in a simple manner
- Download complete movies from the beginning to the end is definitely possible
- Switching between different video players is also possible
- Streaming servers can become a tad slow, resulting in poor performance and less than stellar video quality
7. Sky HD
No, this is not to be confused with the British channel you’ve all heard of because it is a Showbox alternative that you guys will be told about. Sky HD delivers better picture quality than the majority of the applications listed here and provides seamless access to both movies and TV shows in real time.
However, it also comes with a price tag, something that streamers might not be looking forward to, especially when the other services out there provide pretty much the same thing without charging the viewer a dime. Still, if you’re going to be enjoying a crisp video streaming session, you might as well pay for the privilege.
- Better picture quality than its competitors
- Huge list of movies and TV shows available to the public
- It is not free to use
- Your device’s resolution must measure at 1366 x 768 pixels if you want to watch high definition content
Hulu also deserves a place in our best Showbox alternatives list because it is widely known as a service that regularly updates its content list very swiftly and without delay. With a simple click, you can start your binge movie streaming sessions but its ‘web-based only’ service might cause you to grind your teeth.
- Wide selection of movies and TV shows available and is just a click away
- Hulu is compatible with Chromecast, making the streaming experience even better
- It is web-based streaming application so that might not bode well for millions of streamers
CinemaBox continues to be a popular pick for a Showbox alternative since it is not just free but has a chunk-load of features added to its arsenal. This will range from high-definition movies to a wide range of subtitles. A flexible addition here is that you can download and stream movies to your heart’s content and what’s more is that the application updates on a regular basis to provide you with a long list of movies. The only complaint we could gather was that the app is not officially present on the Google Play Store so you will have to make do with downloading a .apk file.
- Free application means you will not have to pay a single cent for it
- Wide range of subtitles available
- HD quality movies available
- Movies can be downloaded and streamed at will
- Kids mode is available if you do not want adolescents to engage in content they should not be watching
- Gets updates regularly to help you enjoy the latest content
- Supports cross-platform
- There is no official Cinema Box app available on the Google Play Store so you will need to download the .apk file in order to get started
Stremio is a neat little app like Showbox that does things a little differently. Instead of allowing you to stream content from sources that you might not have heard of, this one organizes your streams from places like Amazon, iTunes, Netflix and other popular sources. It collects them all in a single app and presents them on any device you’re using in the form of a very clean interface, so you’re never confused with what you are using.
- Easy to use interface
- Very responsive application, but works best on iPad devices
- Streaming performance is on par with leading alternatives mentioned
- Very small size; does not exceed more than 11 megabytes (updates will eventually increase that storage space)
- There is no login option on the website, which might cause concern for some users
There is something for everybody with these 10 best similar apps like Showbox as alternatives to Showbox in 2018 so patiently sift through each and every one of them to see which one will provide you with the best possible streaming experience. If you’re still not satisfied then you can always switch back to using Showbox.