Websites are increasingly tracking our every move and collecting data on our behavior. This has led to a search for ways to regain control of our personal information. Adblock VPNs are one solution that has gained popularity in recent years. But with so many options on the market, how do you choose the best adblock VPN for you? In this blog post, we’ll take a look at the top five AdBlock VPNs and help you decide for 2023.
Wow! Surfshark just launched its amazing Winter Deal, and it is really something to get excited about. Right now, if you sign up for the two-year plan with a whopping 84% off plus 2 months extra for free, you’ll be getting great security protection for an unbeatable price. This deal is only available until December 31st.
- Discovering the Optimal Ad Blocker VPNs: What to Look For?
- Top VPNs with built-in adblocker 2023
- How we selected and tested these VPNs
- What potential risks are associated with ads?
- How to use ad blocking feature in VPN?
- Best VPNs with ad blocker for Android or iPhone
- We strongly advise against using the following VPNs.
- Can I use a free VPN for blocking ads?
- Adblock Browser Extensions vs VPNs with built-in adblockers
- Why Choose a VPN with an Ad Blocker?
- Final Words
Discovering the Optimal Ad Blocker VPNs: What to Look For?
When choosing an adblock VPN, there are a few key features to look for:
- Security protocols – Adblock VPNs should use the latest security protocols such as OpenVPN, IKEv2 and AES-256 encryption to keep your data safe from prying eyes.
- Ad blocker feature is on the list – Make sure the VPN you choose offers an integrated adblocker to block ads and tracking scripts.
- No-logs policy – Make sure your chosen adblock VPN has a no-logs policy to ensure that none of your data is stored on their servers.
- Compatibility – Check that the adblock VPN you choose is compatible with the devices you use and the operating systems you have installed.
- Cost – Consider your budget and make sure you get the best value for money when choosing an adblock VPN.
- Bandwidth and speed – Adblocking can slow down your internet connection, so look for a VPN that offers unlimited bandwidth and fast connections.
- Antimalware – Some VPNs also offer built-in antimalware protection to help protect your devices from malicious software.
Top VPNs with built-in adblocker 2023
1. Surfshark – comes with a built-in ad blocker and unlimited connections
Surfshark is an amazing VPN that provides a lot of features, ranging from CleanWeb – its ad blocker – to the fact that it can easily unblock geo-restricted content from various streaming platforms such as Netflix, BBC iPlayer, YouTube and Hulu.
CleanWeb not only prevents you from seeing annoying ads but also blocks any kind of adware, including banners, pop-ups, and phishing attempts – making your device noticeably safer. Keep in mind though that if you want YouTube ads blocked as well then you’ll have to look into alternatives.
All in all, Surfshark is an amazing VPN with a lot to offer even aside from protecting you from annoying ads!
|Based in:||The Netherlands|
|Servers/countries:||3200+ servers in 100 countries|
|Platforms:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV|
|Current deal:||🔥Get 84% OFF Surfshark + 2 months FREE🔥|
2. NordVPN – popular VPN with an ad blocker
NordVPN is at the top of its game when it comes to providing unbeatable protection and free ad-blocking features with its CyberSec feature. This incredibly powerful feature provides an added layer of security to your online presence, not only blocking websites that contain malware or phishing scams, but also preventing annoying banner ads from popping up.
Moreover, it doesn’t just limit itself to ad-blocking, but also provides a host of other useful services such as unblocking famous streaming services like Netflix and Hulu, supports torrenting with split tunneling capabilities and offers great pricing plans.
All in all, NordVPN combines some of the best features on one platform with a 30-day money back guarantee making sure you’re completely satisfied before committing to it.
|Servers/countries:||5500+ servers in 59 countries|
|Platforms:||Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV|
|Current deal:||🔥Get NordVPN with 68% OFF + 3 months FREE🔥|
3. Atlas VPN – secure and faster ad blocker
Atlas VPN is the perfect security solution for users at any level. It guarantees strong encryption and provides servers in 28 countries, plus the super secure WireGuard tunneling protocol. You can expect good download speeds and protection from malicious websites and ads, as well as full access to streaming platforms like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and YouTube.
Keeping your data safe is also taken a step further with 2-factor authentication for extra security. Offering such a great degree of reliability doesn’t come cheap though, but luckily there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can make sure it meets your needs before actually committing to the monthly fee of $1.64/month.
|Servers/countries:||750+ servers in 38 countries|
|Platforms:||Windows, Mac, Android, iOS|
|Current deal:||🔥Get Atlas VPN, now 85% OFF + 6 months FREE!🔥|
4. Proton VPN – Blocks threats when you browse
Proton VPN is everything your digital security needs – and more! With features like NetShield, a great ad blocker and exemplary protection from malicious or phishing websites as well as trackers, Proton works hard to keep you safe.
Additionally, Proton proved its mettle by being able to access streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, Disney Plus and BBC iPlayer during tests. Some of the other key features of Proton include double VPN feature called Secure core; reliable kill switch; split tunneling; and their unique VPN accelerator which helps retain more of the original bandwidth speed while improving overall performance.
Prices start from only $3.99/month with a free version available for those who wish to test out the service (without NetShield though). Moreover, all premium plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee for added peace of mind on top of extra protection.
|Servers/countries:||1800+ servers in 66 countries|
|Platforms:||Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS|
|Current deal:||🔥Get up to 50% OFF Proton VPN + 6 months FREE!🔥|
5. Windscribe – value-to-money domain-blocking tool
Windscribe is an excellent VPN service that’s jam-packed with features to keep you secure. It has a built-in firewall, timezone spoofing to make you anonymous, and it can even set up your own wifi hotspot.
Plus, Windscribe has built its own ad blocker called R.O.B.E.R.T so no more annoying pop-ups! Not only that, but it will unblock most streaming platforms like Netflix and BBC iPlayer as well, so you won’t miss out on any of your favorite shows! What’s even better is that there is an unlimited free version with 10GB of data each month if money is tight.
Finally, the paid version starts at just $5.75 per month and includes extra servers and lots of handy features for extra privacy and security. Sign up for Windscribe today for top-notch protection for all your online activities!
|Servers/countries:||480+ servers in 63 countries|
|Platforms:||Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS|
|Current deal:||🔥Get 55% OFF with a 1-year plan!🔥|
How we selected and tested these VPNs
We tested each VPN provider for ad blocker functionality, security, speed, and compatibility.
- Ad blocker functionality: Protect your browsing experience by investing in a top-notch VPN with an ad blocker. Not only will this offer the highest level of defense against ads, malware, phishing scams, and other online threats, but you can also rest assured that these providers prioritize your overall security.
- Security: Security should always be at the top of your list when selecting a VPN. We make sure that each one of our picks is equipped with strong encryption protocols, has a strict no-logs policy, and is equipped with an always-on kill switch.
- Speed: When selecting a VPN, you should also consider download speeds as well as latency. We make sure that each of our top picks offers fast connection speeds so that your browsing experience is not hindered by slow connections or buffering issues.
- Compatibility: We make sure that our picks are compatible with the majority of devices and operating systems, allowing you to access geo-restricted content no matter what device or system you use.
The best VPNs offer complete protection against ads, malware, phishing scam, and other unwanted threats. Our listed VPN providers offer military-grade encryption, a kill switch, two-factor authentication, and so on. All of our top providers will be a great partner in crime while enjoying Netflix thanks to good speeds.
What potential risks are associated with ads?
Malvertising is a growing threat to our safety on the web. Hackers are aggressively buying ad space at popular advertising websites and attaching malicious images so as to target unsuspecting users. These malicious ads can lead to identity theft, misappropriated financial information, or even an infected device if not taken seriously.
The best way to protect yourself from the dangers of malvertising is by using a reliable VPN with an ad blocker so that threats can be hidden and suspicious websites identified.
Additionally, antivirus software should be installed on all personal devices as it offers an extra layer of protection against attackers. There’s no excuse not to stay safe online so take the necessary measures now!
How to use ad blocking feature in VPN?
Utilizing a VPN for ad blocking is simple and requires minimal effort on your part.
- To get started, select a quality VPN provider with an ad blocker feature like NordVPN.
- Download their application or browser extension and sign up – many providers offer free plans to test out their services before committing to them.
- Once you’ve logged in, go to your provider’s settings section where you’ll find the ad-blocking toggle; usually labeled something like “Cybersec” for NordVPN users.
- With one click of this toggle, you’ll be immediately protected from intrusive ads that can slow down your browsing experience or worse.
Best VPNs with ad blocker for Android or iPhone
Surfshark is an excellent option as a VPN with an ad blocker for your mobile device.
Surfshark calls its ad blocker CleanWeb feature. It’s capable of blocking adware not only on browsers but also on applications.
Setting up the CleanWeb feature on Surfshark is an easy and smooth thing to do:
- Open Surfshark’s application on your device and navigate to Features.
- Find the CleanWeb feature and see if the toggle or the box indicates that the feature is enabled, click on the box or toggle and enable the feature if no, then connect to Surfshark VPN.
We strongly advise against using the following VPNs.
When it comes to online security, it’s crucial to be able to trust the VPN service you’re using. Unfortunately, there are some VPNs that are either scams or claim to have features which don’t actually work. To ensure you’re getting the most out of your VPN, it’s important to do research and read reviews before subscribing to a particular service.
BeetleVPN, Buckler VPN and Hat VPN Pro are some of the fake VPNs you should look out for; they generally offer attractive feature lists at a low cost, but will rarely deliver what they promise. Other services may claim that their ad blocker is a great feature – however Hola VPN and Opera VPN are two examples of services where this isn’t the case.
It’s easy to be disappointed if you’re looking for particular features in a service only for them not materialise; doing your research beforehand means you can save yourself time and money by avoiding any scams or false promises.
Can I use a free VPN for blocking ads?
So while you can use a free VPN to block ads, we’d strongly advise against it.
Free VPNs are notorious for selling their users’ activity logs to whomever pays the most, like startups, advertisers and even the government. This hardly counts as true privacy and security – if a VPN can’t keep your data safe who else will?
Furthermore, free VPNs usually come with poor quality ad blockers that are often unreliable and put your device at risk of infection.
Adblock Browser Extensions vs VPNs with built-in adblockers
When it comes to adblock VPNs, there are two main types to choose from – browser plugins and VPN apps with built-in ad blockers. Browser plugins are easy to download and install on most web browsers. They offer basic protection against ads by blocking them from appearing in your browser window. However, these plugins don’t offer any additional security or privacy benefits beyond blocking ads.
On the other hand, VPN apps with built-in ad blockers offer more complete protection for your online activities. These apps combine a traditional virtual private network with an integrated ad blocker that is designed to protect you from malicious ads and spam while also reducing your data usage and improving internet performance. Additionally, these apps allow you to access content that would otherwise be blocked due to geo-restrictions or censorship laws in certain countries.
Why Choose a VPN with an Ad Blocker?
There are several reasons why choosing a VPN with an integrated ad blocker is beneficial for both security and privacy purposes. First off, having a reliable ad blocker can help protect you from malware and scams that often hide within seemingly harmless ads on websites and social media platforms. Secondly, by reducing your data usage you can improve your internet performance significantly which is especially valuable if you’re streaming video or gaming online. Lastly, by giving you access to otherwise blocked content – like geo-restricted streaming services – using an ad blocker helps ensure that no matter where you travel in the world you always have access to all of your favorite websites and services without having to worry about censorship laws in certain countries blocking them completely.
In conclusion, it is much safer to rely on a VPN with an ad blocker rather than just an ad blocker extension. Not only will this keep dangerous ads away from your device, but often times it provides superior online security and privacy with features such as masking the user’s real IP address, bypassing streaming site geoblocks, and more. Surfshark is one of the most reliable VPNs out there and its CleanWeb feature offers an exceptional level of protection against ads and malware threats that other apps or extension may miss.