While people are slowly moving away from the use of discs, and prefer digital media. There is a huge chunk of the audience that prefers sticking to the traditional media. There are a lot of reasons behind. It could be that you have a large collection of discs and you are not ready to get rid of them. Additionally, there are many movies that are not available on digital media. Simply put, DVDs are still relevant for a lot of people.
However, what do you do when you want to transition over to the digital media? Well, in a situation like that, you can actually use a good DVD copy software that will help you get the job done. Finding the best free DVD copy program is not all that difficult. But with so many options, it is easy for a person to get lost in the midst of so many options available in the market.
Additionally, you will find a heap of software related to DVDs in the market. For starters, you will run into DVD copiers, DVD burners, and DVD cloners. If this is your first time, then finding the right one might be a difficult task for you.
Difference between DVD Copier, DVD Burner, DVD Ripper, and DVD Cloner
When you go to the internet and look for good software related to DVDs, you will find a lot of options available. These programs usually have different names as well. Now considering how all of these are essentially for DVDs, people end up getting confused, and they end up under the impression that such programs are identical.
However, there is a fair share of the difference between DVD copiers, burners, rippers, as well as cloners. In order to make things easier for the readers, and to avoid any confusions, we are mentioning all these software and their respective functionality below for a better understanding.
- DVD Copier – The first software is the DVD copiers that are available in the market. The purpose of this software is rather simple. They are tasked with removing the copying restrictions from the DVD you are using. Once the restriction is removed, the copier then makes an exact copy of that DVD so you can copy the data from that DVD without any issue whatsoever. DVD copiers are the type of software we are reviewing in this post.
- DVD Burners – They are perhaps largely different from the rest of the DVD software available in the market. Their functionality is very simple as well; they allow you to take blank DVDs and burn data onto them. The data can be of any nature; you can burn video, audio, or simply data files as well. Whatever you wish to burn on DVD burners, it is possible. Nero DVD Burner is perhaps one of the most famous examples of DVD burning software.
- DVD Ripper – They are often confused with DVD copying software because they do share the same nature. However, there is a major difference between both is that DVD ripping software is not known for copying the contents of DVD as they are. Instead, it just saves the data of the DVD in a different format. This allows you to use the files on different device types, or carry them with you if you wish to. DVD rippers are pretty common and are used by a lot of people.
- DVD Cloners – The last software type we have is known as DVD cloners. Now they do work in a way that is very similar to that of the DVD copier. However, the biggest difference here is that they do not remove the copying protection from the DVDs. As a matter of fact, they simply clone the DVDs as they are. These are normally used when you want to create a new copy of the disc because it is becoming deteriorated or something similar.
10 Best DVD Copy Software
In this roundup, we will be looking at the best DVD copy software that are available in the market. We will explore both freeware options, as well as shareware options to ensure that the readers have the maximum choice when it comes to choosing a good software.
The first software we are reviewing is DVD Copy by DVDFab. One of the best free DVD copy program that I have used till this day.
- Can copy full disc.
- Merge discs.
In terms of features, there is no denying that DVDFab DVD Copy is certainly making sure that all the needs are met. You have some fairly amazing software features that you can choose from, and the best part is that the software is a shareware.
The great thing about this software is that you will not be noticing a drop in quality thanks to a great compression system. There are a lot of customization features present as well, so regardless of your use case, you are going to have all the features you need in one place.
There are not many downsides about this software. The only thing that I would prefer mentioning here is that the software can take some getting used to thanks to a heap of features that you will have to go through.
- Excellent value.
- Great list of features.
- There is no loss in the quality.
- Great customization.
- First timers will require some getting used to.
WinX DVD Copy Pro
WinX DVD Copy Pro is one of the best DVD copiers that we are reviewing. We recently did standalone reviews about WinX products and now figured that WinX DVD Copy Pro is one of the best DVD copier available in the market. What makes it this good? Let’s look.
- 1:1 copying.
- 9 DVD backup schemes.
- Supports nearly every disc type.
As far as the features are concerned, the WinX DVD Copy Pro is no slouch. It allows you to effectively copy DVD to DVD disc, ISO image, MPEG2 at 1:1 ratio, along with options to extract video/audio tracks and burn ISO image to DVD disc, and you get absolutely no loss in quality.
The software is a perfect choice to back up your old, scratched DVD discs, giving your collection a new lease of life.
Offer! Offer! Offer! Now you can grab this great software via the limited-time giveaway.
- A great set of features.
- Excellent value for money.
- Simple and easy to use interface.
- 1:1 copying means your data is always there.
- Only available for Windows users.
We are finally moving towards freeware software now. The first one we are looking at is DVD-Cloner. If you are looking at how to copy a DVD, you won’t have to do so with this software thanks to how easy it is.
- DVD burning.
- 4K copying.
- Great decrypting features.
- 6 copying modes.
Needless to say, it is evident from the get-go that DVD-Cloner ensures that the users get the best possible experience using their software. You have enough features to keep you hooked, but are the features enough to make this software a considerable option?
The first thing I really loved was the express mode. This allows the user to make copies of their DVDs without going through any issue whatsoever. The process is simple, and easy to use. The six copying modes that come with the software are also amazing, and allows you to easily choose what you want.
Speaking of the six copying modes, they are also the biggest crux of the software as anyone who does not have the necessary information about this software can easily get confused.
- You have a lot of features to work with.
- Copying DVDs are a walk in the park.
- Simple to use.
- Copying modes can be confusing.
AVS Free Disc Creator
AVS Free Disc Creator is another great DVD cloning software that you can get for free right now. While this one is not as famous as some of the other options available, the good news is that the software still gives you plenty of value.
- Allows you to create boot data.
- Make ISO image with easy.
- Multiple formats supported.
In simpler words, the AVS Free Disc Creator is more or less the perfect tool for people who are looking to have the most amount of features as well. As a matter of fact, this software acts as a DVD copier, as well as a DVD burner, which makes it great.
You have good functionality; the interface is nice and easy. You have support for all the image file formats so you really do not have to worry about the lack of features.
The only downside is that the plethora of features can end up confusing someone who is using it for the first time.
- Great performance.
- Easy to use.
- Acts as a DVD copier, and a burner.
- Might be confusing for some.
Ashampoo Burning Studio Free
Ashampoo is one of those companies that have had quite a great time in the software market with some pretty great offerings as well. Today, we are looking at the Ashampoo Burning Studio Free.
- 3-in-1 functionality.
- Great for music lovers.
- Create password protected backups.
Now in terms of features, you are getting all the modern features you can expect from a good DVD software. As I have mentioned before, this software comes with 3-in-1 functionality. You can burn the DVDs, rip them, as well as copy them. Making the whole process super easy and very simple as well.
Every feature that you may want to use is right there in front of you, which means that this software does away with all the complicated menus as such. Additionally, using it is super simple.
Honestly, with all the good things aside, the only thing I do not like about this software is the fact that it does not give you as many disc compression options as you may want from it.
- You can rip, burn, and copy DVDs.
- Support for all disc types.
- Easy to use.
- No convoluted menus.
- Not as rich with compression options.
We are still going strong with some great DVD cloning software, and the next up, we are looking at BurnAware Free. As the name suggests, the software does come for free, but still has many features.
- Clean interface.
- Great for creators.
- Supports nearly every format.
There is no denying that BurnAware Free has a lot of good features. The good thing is that the software is freeware, and does come in a number of options as well. So, if there is something that you are not interested in, you can always go for something that suits you better. You have support for all media types, and the disc spanning options for backups is great as well.
On the flipside, the only thing that I do not like about this software is that the interface itself looks empty. It almost feels as if there is a lot of space that is wasted for nothing. I do love a clean interface, but clean should never represent emptiness. Other than that, the software itself is great.
- Simple to use.
- Disc spanning is a great option.
- Supports nearly every single media type.
- The interface can be too clean looking at the time.
IQmango DVD Ripper
The next software we are looking at is known as IQmango DVD Ripper. Now as the name suggests, the software is essentially a DVD ripper, but don’t worry, you can copy DVDs as well without any issue. There are some nice features.
- DVD copying and ripping.
- Rips DVDs without any issue.
- Great list of customization.
At first, you might think that there are not enough features with the software. However, I can assure you that there are a lot of great features. The best part is that it is extremely simple to use, and disc to disc copying is great.
There are a few downsides though; these are some things that you should keep in mind. For starter, the interface is dated, and if that does not concern you as much, you need to know that this software is for DVD videos only.
If these minor issues do not bother you, then the IQmango DVD Ripper is a great software that you should definitely look into if you want to have a good DVD copying experience.
- Simple to use.
- Great conversion options.
- Disc to disc copying.
- The interface is outdated.
- It has support for DVD videos only.
DVD Copy For Mac
There is no denying that Macs are awesome. However, I see a lot of people complaining that there is a severe lack of software like DVD rippers, or copiers on the Mac side of things. However, not anymore as today, we look at the DVD Copy For Mac.
- Full suite of video-oriented features.
- Simple interface.
- Optimized for Macs.
Now in terms of features, this is definitely great for those who own a Mac. You will no longer have to worry about having a lack of software of this caliber on a Mac. There are a lot of good things as well. So you should keep that in mind. For starters, the interface is the star of the show; it is simple, easy to understand, and even easier to use. There are enough features to keep you hooked for long, and you won’t have any issue copying your files.
The only gripe I have with this software is that for those who have never used a software like this before, effectively copying your DVDs might be an issue for some.
- Great for Mac users.
- Simple to use.
- Great interface.
- Can be confusing for newcomers.
The last software we are reviewing is simply called 123CopyDVD, and as the name suggests, the whole purpose of this software is to copy DVDs for you. I actually like when developers keep things simple and straightforward as it avoids so many issues.
- Great for ripping and burning Blu-ray discs.
- You can copy as well as burn DVD files.
- Comes with a converter and downloader.
The great thing about 123CopyDVD is that it does not shy away from having the sheer abundance of features. Sure, you might be overwhelmed at first, but if you are looking for a good experience, then you are not going to find a better option than this. Everything about this software is easy to use, and right there.
The only downside here is that if you wish to use the Blu-ray functionality, you are going to have to pay more. Other than that, the software is loaded with all the features you could possibly want from a good DVD copying software.
- The feature set is excellent.
- The software is easy to use.
- You get so many functionalities baked into one product.
- Blu-ray functionality requires you to upgrade.
Finding the best DVD copy software is certainly not an easy task. Thanks to the sheer number of options available in the market. But one thing is for sure, as long as you have roundups like this one available, your overall experience would become much, much simpler, as well as easier.
Now the good thing here is that we have tested all these software available, and have found some great options. This makes it especially easier for our readers as they will not be required to go through the long list of options available, just so they can find the right option available to them.
Here is to hoping that your overall experience is easy, and simple enough to choose the best possible option for yourself.