Regardless of your attachment to Apple and its products, you can probably agree that iTunes is not exactly as helpful as it is often expected to be. It is big, bloated and inefficient, initially designed to serve some other purpose but then got lost in the effort of adding new features. This means one thing, a simple but powerful iOS manager is very much needed. Period.
Once you update your Macs to macOS 10.15 Catalina, iTunes will be gone as a standalone app. It will be still available on previous versions and untouched on Windows. But still, when you have invested in a premium phone, you deserve a better iPhone manager and there are third-party software solutions which will give you just that.
iMazing – Editor’s choice
iMazing is simply the most amazing iOS device manager designed to help you manage your iPhone and iPad with some exclusive features. If you are looking for something stable, reliable and full of handy features, iMazing is definitely the best iOS device manager you could ask for.
Before giving this place to iMazing, our team rigorously went through its various features as well as the customers’ reviews on Trustpilot. We have to say that users seem to be quite happy with this software. Among other features, what we found great about iMazing was how intuitive and easy to use it is, despite its numerous features.
Not convinced yet? Here are some great features of this software listed briefly to help you make your decision.
- Smart Backups: The advanced backup solution provided by iMazing is far ahead than the competition. This software gives you the possibility to backup your iOS devices not only by using a USB cable but also wirelessly. Another great thing is that you can opt for scheduled automatic backups – you just have to configure the settings and iMazing will make sure that your iPhone and iPad’s data is backed up and safe at all times. You’re also able to have multiple backups and browse and edit their content whenever you want to.
- iPhone to iPhone Transfer: iMazing allows you to safely copy all the content from your old iPhone to your new one, where you’re free to select which iOS data, apps and content you would like to keep. The best part is that it doesn’t require iTunes or iCloud.
- Get Control Over the Messages: iMazing lets you access your messages via your computer. You can browse through your iPhone messages/ WhatsApp chats and attachments. You can export your text conversations to your computer in various formats, and it’s entirely up to you whether you want to print them or just save them on your computer. iMazing offers all sorts of options.
- Quick Transfer: iMazing allows you to quickly transfer files and folders (music, photos, ringtones, movies, books, contacts, apps, and files) from your Mac or Windows computer to your iPhone or iPad. This feature is 100% free even in the trial version of the software.
- Photos Transfer: Favourite memories and moments caught on camera can’t stay in the iPhone for life. Export them to your computer, share them with friends or put them on the desktop. Transferring photos to your computer is so much easier with iMazing.
- Smooth Music Management: Considering to shift a few music files from your iPad to iPhone? Or from your computer to your iPhone? No more iTunes syncs required. You can do this directly using the iMazing software in just a few clicks.
- All features are accessible in the free version but some come with certain limitations.
- Single license (1) – PC/Mac for $49.99.
- Universal license (2) – PC and Mac for $49.99. (Best Seller)
- Family license (5) – PC and Mac for $69.99.
WinX MediaTrans is one of the best iOS file management software available in the market. It allows you to transfer, manage, and transcode your iOS right inside your computer with just a few clicks. When it comes to the design and user interface WinX MediaTrans is the best iPhone transfer software.
Using this manager, you can transfer files between iOS devices such as iPhone to iPhone and iOS and Computer as well. The process is completely easy and does not need any tech expert to perform these tasks. All you need to do is simply install this software on your computer, connect the device, and have fun.
Following are some highlighted features of MediaTrans software by WinX.
- Transfer Everything: You are not restricted to any particular format. You can manage and transfer every from your computer to your iPhone and vice versa.
- Conversion Support: MediaTrans allows you to convert any video formats, like MKV, to iPhone/iPad.
- High-quality formats: It can import and export 4K or 1080p HD videos & films between PC and iDevices.
- Batch Processing: If you have a lot of content to import/export from iDevice to PC or vice-versa, this is where MediaTrans comes in handy.
- Cross-Platform: This wonderful software is available for both Windows as well as Apple’s Mac devices. So, you don’t have to worry about managing your iPhone data anymore.
- Sync Multiple devices: You can sync multiple devices using this software and can make unlimited transfers as well.
DoTrans is wonderful utility by FonePaw that allows you to manage your iOS and Android devices. Not only the management of your files, but you can also use this software to switch between the Android and iOS as well. This makes the switching between Android and iPhone easier.
Using the FonePaw DoTrans, you can transfer your media files including Photos, Videos and Music library. It also supports to transfer the contacts and ringtones etc. Along with that Podcasts, Audiobooks and voice memos are also supported. You can choose between what you files you transfer.
Following are some highlighted features of the FonePaw Dotrans iOS file manager.
- Switch Device: This software allows you to switch from Android to iPhone or iPhone to Android without worrying about your data loss. DoTrans makes the who transfer very easy and error-free.
- Import and Export: You can import and export an unlimited amount of data from your iOS and Android device. Everything gets stored inside your local machine.
- Backup and Restore: Instead of using expensive cloud storage services that are device-specific as well. You can use this FonePaw software to backup your whole phone and always restore when needed.
- De-duplicate: Duplicated files especially contacts is the biggest mess usually smartphone users face, FonePaw DoTrans allows you to get out such and de-duplicate such contacts.
Following is the overview of its pros and cons.
DearMob iPhone Manager
DearMob iPhone Manager is developed by 5KPlayer. It allows us to manage and transfer your files across computer and your iPhone or any iOS device. Using this software you can manage your Music files, Video Files, Photos, and contacts.
You can also erase the duplicate files or selectively transfer files among different devices. This software may also convert the files automatically before transferring from your computer to the iPhone such as images and audio in the file format that is compatible with the iPhone. This software deserves to be on the list of best iOS file managers.
Following is the list of some wonderful features being offered by this software.
- Manage Multiple Files with Ease: Using DearMob, you can manage your music, videos, photos, contacts and ringtones with use with being worried about conversion.
- Selective Transfer: While making the transfer, you can always choose what files you want to move and which files you want to erase. This software can help you remove the duplicated content as well such as contacts etc.
- Full Backup: You can make the full backup of your iOS device using this software, you don’t need to install and configure iCloud or iTunes for that. Using this feature, you can make your new device ready to use in a few minutes. Everything will be done right inside the app.
- Encryption: Data stored inside your local computer will be fully encrypted. This assures the complete safety of your data to prevent any unauthorized access to the data.
Following brief pros and cons of this software
dr.fone – Transfer (iOS)
Wondershare’s dr.fone Transfer is one of the best iOS file managers. This feature-rich application allows you to manage your all kind of media files not only in a computer but among different iOS devices as well.
This device is available for both Windows as well as Mac as well. The great thing about dr.fone Transfer is that it doesn’t require you to install iTunes on your computer, unlike other alternatives for iOS file management.
These are some of its great features that you should know about.
- Transfer Files: You can easily transfer different files between your iOS devices and computer. It doesn’t require any supporting software for that.
- Manage your photos: If you need to manage a large number of files on your computer, you can add and delete multiple photos on iPhone easily.
- File Conversion: As iOS supports limited file types to be imported in their device, you can make the necessary conversions right inside the software.
- Access File Repository: You can access every corner of your iOS device using File Explorer of this software to create and delete new files and folders.
Following are it’s pros and cons.
MediaMonkey is one of the classical media managers and being used by thousands of gold lifetime members. You can manage thousands of your audio files using MediaMonkey Audio Manager.
It doesn’t matter if you have one hundred or 30,000 audio files. MediaMonkey allows you to manage all of them very well hassle-free. This software luckily supports both Android and iOS files to manage files. You can transfer files to iOS with any prior conversion. MediaMonkey converts the file automatically.
MediaMonkey is one of the best iOS Managers 2019. Some of it’s highlighted features are following.
- Manage Thousands of Files: MediaMonkey is designed in a way that you can manage a large number of files without any issue. Either you are a DJ or home-user, MediaMonkey is the best manager for you.
- Supports iOS: You can transfer all these files to your iPhone or iPad with the iTunes installed in it. This requires no prior conversion as this is done by the MediaMonkey automatically.
- Customize Your Tags: You can customize the tags of your audio as per your own requirement that fulfills your demand.
- Shift to Android: If you are planning to shift to Android, no worries about that. Your Audio library will go with you.
Brief on its advantages and disadvantages is as follows.
CopyTrans Manager primarily works with the Audio and Video files to update your music library. You can download this software for windows and directly transfer the music from computer to your any iOS-powered devices. This includes the iPhone, iPod, and iPad as well.
Along with the audio and video, you can also transfer ringtones, podcasts, and books as into your iPhone’s library. This software also allows you to edit the meta-tags before transferring them to your iPhone. You can edit tracks titles, album titles and name of the artists as well. This gives you a whole new level of control of your music library.
Below are some of the highlighted features of CopyTrans Manager, so, let’s shed light on some of them.
- Supports All Audio Types: CopyTrans Manager allows you to manage all kind of your audio files and transfer them to your iOS device.
- Manage Your Videos: Support is not only limited to the Audio files but it also allows you to work with video files as well.
- Customize Your Meta Tags: With this software, you can edit the meta tags of your audio files. This helps a lot to correct the file names including titles, albums and artists’ names.
As far as the downsides are concerned, you can download this software for windows only. The initial version is trial which gives you minimal functions only. You have to buy the software to enjoy complete features.
What Do You need to Know About iOS Data Backup?
1. Data loss does happen from time to time. Either due to your mistake or some technical glitch in the device. Data loss is inevitable. One way or another. So, it’s better to use some reliable solution for keeping your backups (read multiple).
2. One backup is not enough. As I said, multiple. Yes, it’s best practice to have multiple backups or snapshots of your device. You don’t know when you need a file which was previously there but not now. So, in such cases, timestamped backups are always very helpful.
3. Cloud backup or storage may not be as secure as you think. As much as Cloud storage is vulnerable to attacks by hackers, local storage is also prone to corruption. Yes, some software offers AES-256 bits which are Advanced Encryption System. Anything lower than that is not acceptable.
What to look while buying the iPhone transfer software?
Below are some of the most important features you should always look for before buying a paid software for your iPhone.
- Required Features: No one should tell you what features you may use, you must already know what features you require for your iPhone. Then comes the secondary features which can make your life experience a bit easier.
- Design and User Experience: Watch some tutorial videos regarding the software on YouTube to how easier it is to use the software and perform the basic functions. Some companies do not offer support and you certainly do not want to pay for software that you can not use.
- Wireless Connection: Some software provides wireless connection while others don’t. Wireless connection is a good thing especially when it’s encrypted. You don’t have to stick to your desk to operate the transfer or management.
- Compatibility: There are several iOS file managers that are either run on Windows or Mac host machine. Make sure the host machine requirement is limited and it also supports the current or your version of iPhone software.
- Pricing: Few companies always tend to charge you extra using heavy and fake advertisements. Here in our best iOS managers 2019 list. We have mentioned the available features with price as well so you can make an educated decision when it comes to affordability.
Consider a case where you want to copy the music library from your friend’s iPhone to yours. ITunes not gonna help you. Even when it comes to simple apps and file management, iTunes fails by its slow and difficult user interface. You have to move towards the third party iPhone manager software.