A lot of people may think of it as a comparison guide, but it is not. The purpose of this article is just to make sure that the best iTunes alternatives for Windows, Mac, and Linux are talked about in detail with their features highlighted.
While iTunes would be the first and last choice for the majority of users that want to sync their audio and video content to their devices in an organized fashion, it is all about that personal preference.
For some, iTunes does not serve as their ‘go to’ software due to several reasons, but there are tons of best iTunes substitute available and the greatest thing about these programs is that you will not have to pay a single cent to start using them.
This list will help the readers make the right decision when choosing the right iTunes alternative for Windows, Mac, and Linux; they want to listen to music on.
MacX MediaTrans – Editors’ Pick #1
MacX MediaTrans is going to be our very first pick and there is no hidden truth behind this choice as this happens to be a feature-enriched iTunes replacement and provides more on the table than other alternatives to iTunes installed on your computer. We have already done a review in this software, and we already talked about the long list of amazing features that are available in this software. For the longest time, iTunes is being problematic by removing the fan favorite features. However, if you are looking for the perfect alternative, you are in the right spot.
With MediaTrans, you will be able to;
- Back up your photos
- Manage your entire music library
- Transfer videos to and from your phone to other devices
- Encrypt files
- Manage voice and create customized ringtones as well
- Organize your books
- Use your phone as a flash drive (only work if both computers have the same software installed)
As far as any downsides are concerned, I could not find any deal-breaking issues that would ruin my overall experience with the software, or how I would use it. As a matter of fact, everything was spot on and worked flawlessly.
Overall, the MacX MediaTrans is among the finest alternatives for iTunes you could think of. It runs perfectly fine without any issues and gives you all the features you could ask.
- Excellent set of features.
- Serves as a perfect alternative to iTunes.
- No cluttered menus.
- Only available for Mac OS
DearMob iPhone Manager – Editors’ Pick #2
DearMob iPhone Manager, available for Windows and Mac is an all-round iPhone data management tool that allows you to take greater control over iPhone iPad files. Its easy and intuitive interface can get even the most inexperienced iOS users accommodated instantly.
No matter for upgrading iOS, transferring data to new iPhone or backing up iOS data, DearMob iPhone Manager provides both the laziest solution of one-click whole backup & restore and the most delicate solution to export & import files selectively by category, i.e. photos, music, videos, contacts, SMS, books, Apps, etc. Better, for those exported sensitive files like personal photos, videos and contact info, this iPhone manager grants you the power to password protect and lock them down from prying eyes everywhere.
There are also many hidden gems for users to dig in each file type of iPhone file management. In photo management, you can batch export HEIC photo to JPG; in music management, you can customize iPhone ringtone from any songs, play music and export iTunes purchases. Other advanced hidden tweaks like eBook conversion, video conversion & compression, as well as intelligent contacts merging are all beneficial for better utilizing your iOS devices. Give DearMob iPhone Manager a try, and take a little time, you will find plenty of useful features.
- Intuitive and easy to understand interface.
- A lot of features.
- Can easily sync your files with no issue whatsoever.
- Military-grade encryption is a cherry on top.
- No wirelessly transfer.
Acted as another iTunes alternative on the list, AnyTrans really does more than iTunes. This tool enables you to transfer music in two ways between the iTunes library and iPhone/iPad without restrictions.
More than a transfer, AnyTrans is also an all-in-one content manager that manages and organize your iTunes library and iPhone music directly and independently. You can add, delete or export any specific track of your iPhone playlist in a breeze even without launching iTunes.
One of the best things about AnyTrans is that you can also rebuild your iTunes library while your computer crashed, or bought a new one. No more tedious steps, you just reconstruct your iTunes library by recovering every song and playlist back from your iPhone, iPad in few steps. Better yet, it always automatically remove duplicate contents as you need, and reserves original music metadata like artworks, play counts, and ratings at the same time.
To be honest, AnyTran is also an ideal iTunes alternative on music management and organization. Meanwhile, it’s also a one-stop solution that helps manage, transfer, and back up all your essentials at one handy place.
- Two-way music transfer between iTunes library and iPhone iPad
- 1-click export photos from iPhone to computer seamlessly
- Browse & extract any data from iTunes/iCloud backups freely
- Turn any music into a custom ringtone for iPhone
- Import all songs to new iPhone directly
- Only paid version delivers all features
Another great iTunes alternative on the market is iMazing. As the name suggests, it is built specifically for iOS devices. With that said, we are all aware of how iTunes is no longer the perfect tool for managing your Apple devices – in fact, iTunes won’t even be available on the Mac after updating to macOS 10.15 Catalina. For this reason, many people are looking for alternatives. One of the best things about iMazing is that it will give you a more simple and straightforward way of doing what iTunes does plus much more.
We can assure you that if you are looking for something that works well, this is the way to go. iMazing is great and it offers many cool features like wireless and automatic backups. Following are a few more things that this software solution does well. Let’s have a look:
- Backing up and restoring backups.
- Transferring photos, music, videos, and other media files.
- Exporting and printing iPhone and WhatsApp messages.
- Managing and downloading iOS Apps.
- Transferring data from one iOS device to another.
- Troubleshoot and reinstall iOS
iMazing gives you full control over your Apple devices and lets you manage them the way you want to. On top of that, using this software was easy and a lot of fun, too. Despite being overwhelmed at first, I managed to find my way around, and use it the way it should be used.
My only issue was that it can appear to be somewhat difficult for an average user, but that impression will only last for the first few minutes. Once you get the hang of it, you should not have much trouble making the most of iMazing.
- Works as the perfect iTunes replacement.
- Comes loaded with an impressive list of features.
- Safe and secure.
- Can be a bit difficult to use at the beginning.
One of the finest options available in the market happens to be the Aiseesofte FoneTrans. For anyone who is looking for a definitive solution that they can use to replace the iTunes, and want to make sure that they have a proper experience doing so, this is the way to go. It offers some great features such as the ability to transfer all your data in just a click. This is something that happens to be great, and the best part is that you really do not have to worry about anything that might come in the way, either.
If you are going to use Aiseesoft FoneTrans, you would be able to handle the following tasks with ease.
- Handle a lot of different files.
- Have support for almost all the iDevices.
- Ability to transfer to and from the computer.
- Complete backup of all of your content.
- Proper and impeccable synchronization.
- Manage your contacts with ease.
- Convert your images.
- Have personalized ringtones.
There is no denying that as far as the features and capabilities are concerned, the FoneTrans is no slouch. You get all the features that you normally would need, and the best part is that it is extremely simple, too. The software works really well in the majority of cases and is simple to handle.
In all honesty, I had no issues as far as FoneTrans is concerned. It works as advertised, and in all honesty, I cannot really think of any issues that might become a problem.
All in all, the Aiseesoft FoneTrans is among the finest iPhone transfer software solutions available in the market. Needless to say, if you are looking for a good software solution, you should definitely go for it.
- Great value for money.
- Simple to use.
- A ton of features.
- Works really well.
MusicBee is the next contender on the list. It acts as more of a tool than a music player because it allows you to organize and manage your music library better.
One of the best things about using the application is that it will save you time and import your entire music collection from iTunes while giving you the flexibility to specify where to place these files and in which folders. When it comes to the user interface, It is as seamless as it gets and it also offers customization in terms of screen layout while using different skins.
When it comes to the user interface, It is as seamless as it gets and it also offers customization in terms of screen layout while using different skins.
In this way, you will be able to access music the way you see fit and make the interface look good simultaneously. If you wanted to adjust your music, there is also a 15-band equalizer, but we recommend leaving this feature alone unless of course you really know what you’re doing.
If there was one gripe, it would be that MusicBee is not available on macOS. Sure, looking at how many Windows 10 users there are in the world, it would make sense not to provide support for Apple’s desktop operating system but it goes without saying that whether you love macOS or hate it, it still has its place in this world and we hope that a dedicated application is released for it soon.
- Immediately imports music library from iTunes
- Highly customizable
- Labels tracks for easier access
- Seamless user interface
- Only available for Windows
Another great iTunes alternative is called WinX MediaTrans and there are several things about it that raises the bar when you’re looking for something other than iTunes. Performance is one of them.
Remember, on systems running low-end hardware, iTunes will pretty much cripple its performance. With MediaTrans the experience is going to be the complete opposite.
Its user interface has been made to near perfection, with ease of use at an unparalleled level. You also don’t need to have iTunes pre-installed on your computer in order to get this running. Just install and get started straight away.
You can transfer photos, videos, and music-related items from your iPhone to Windows. Apart from this, there is also a free ringtones maker and video converter pre-loaded.
The best part is that MediaTrans comes with the number of iOS files you can transfer daily. Fortunately, MediaTrans renews these numbers daily so that it is able to keep its user base healthy.
In all honesty, if you were looking to replace iTunes, then you’ve come to the right place and if you want unlimited file transfers, we highly recommend that you pay for it.
- Sync your music and other files without having iTunes installed, it is that simple
- Very easy user-interface that you will get used to in a matter of minutes
- Built-in video converter and ringtone maker
- Performance is very impressive even for those machines running low-end hardware
- Only available for Windows
If you want a music player that offers wide platform support than look no further than Clementine as it is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux. While there are useful features such as advanced tagging plus support for mobile devices, it is not the most attractive of music players available that come without a charge.
In fact, it has one of the least attractive user interfaces in the category of freebies, but if you can get around this little complaint, then we see no reason why this will not be able to become your iTunes replacement.
Clementine also provides support for things like ripping, extensive library management and the ability to copy music to a variety of supported devices so if you do not have a problem with ugly-looking interfaces, this should become your daily driver.
- Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Major support for mobile phones
- Ability to listen to radios, podcasts and more
- Stream your music using cloud storage
- Very lackluster design
- User interface could be improved slightly to make it easier for the average user
Do you have an Android device and love to customize the bejesus out of it? If yes, then you will definitely love foobar2000 if you’re looking for the next iTunes alternative. When you launch the application for the very first time, its initial black and white appearance might put you off, but once you get around to using it, that is where the real fun begins.
foobar2000 is made strictly for those that enjoy customizing user interfaces to its maximum capabilities but aside from this, there are lots of other features that you will appreciate when using the application. This will range from a wide audio format support, as well as plugins for when you want to make your music playback experience completely effortless.
Just do not be intimidated when you run the application for the first time.
- Catered for those who love customizations
- Several plugins for just about anything
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts
- Wide range of audio format support
- It might appear extremely basic when you fire it up for the first time
- Extreme levels of customization might end up confusing users
PodTrans keeps everything simple and is still able to provide a very good software experience for those looking for an iTunes alternative. The simplistic design will also explain why you are able to copy music between your computer and to your iPhone or different iOS devices in a very easy manner.
Unfortunately, using free software does come at a price and while PodTrans will serve as a decent replacement for iTunes, there are more options available at your fingertips when you start to use the paid version. If you are willing to spend the extra money for better music management, that is going to be your call. If not, then our list will continue.
- Simple design will make it easier to use for first timers
- Easy-to-use interface will waste less time
- Provides simple and seamless music management
- Available for both PC and macOS
- Paid version delivers better flexibility for file synching
- Paid version also provides support for better phone management options
MediaMonkey is another powerful media management suite that intends to reduce your dependency on iTunes and here is how. Apart from bringing your music and video collection together, you will also be able to find missing track information so that you are able to keep up to date on which tracks you’ll be listening to. Before you ask, this will also include album art. Check out our list of best video players.
One thing that MediaMonkey features that the majority of other tools do not is support for the FLAC audio format plus a plethora of others. Music can automatically be synced to your iPhone, iPad and a variety of other devices so if you feel comfortable using this program, there is no reason why you should not remove the other software from your storage.
- Cleaning out duplicate files is a lot easier
- Your playlists will be built according to what you listen to
- Features the FLAC audio format, which is something other players do not provide
- Sync to other devices in addition to iPhone and iPad devices
- Only available for Windows
- ‘Gold’ or paid version will present additional features, forcing users to pay extra money
As the name might suggest, SynciOS is going to be your weapon of choice when you want to manage synched content for your iOS devices. In case you have not attempted to use this, it has every feature you can find on a hardcore music management suite.
If you thought media transfer was the only thing in its repertoire of features, prepared to be astounded, as you can back up device content, and sync a ton of items such as wallpapers, ringtones, books, photos, music, videos, and more. While it will only be available for Windows, this freeware is only downloaded as a free version, negating the need to use a paid version at all.
- Media transfer can take place both ways
- You can backup your content
- You can sync pretty much anything ranging from wallpapers, books, images, videos, music and more
- There is no paid version for SynciOS
- Only available for Windows
Tomahawk appears more as a social network than a media management suite. In short, there are lots of features that will make this a worthy alternative to iTunes. Streaming services ranging from YouTube and Spotify are available but you will still have to opt for the premium plan in order to use these.
One feature that does stand out when using Tomahawk is wide-range compatibility. At present, the software provides support for a total of four operating systems, although the surprising thing is that there is no version for iOS available on the website.
- Keeps everything in one place
- Supports a ton of streaming services such as YouTube, Spotify and more
- Can be used as a social tool such that is similar to Hatchet
- Create custom stations and see what your friends are playing
- Available, for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android
- To use some features, you will have to use a premium service, and that will cost money
- No iOS support
doubleTwist certainly accompanies a fair share of differences when you compare the different free software listed above. Not only does it provide support for Mac, Windows, and Android, but your media library will be kept in sync as long as you have an active and working internet connection in check.
There are tons of advanced features that come with this software but if you want to experience everything on the table, we highly recommend that you get the paid version.
- Available for macOS, Windows, and Android
- Extremely reliable software if you are using a Mac or Android device
- You can effortlessly sync iTunes playlists using this software
- Enjoy music through cloud services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive
- Lack of iOS support
- Paid version will deliver several features not present in freeware
dr.fone Transfer is a user-friendly iTunes alternative which helps you manage and transfer iPhone /iPad files. With Transfer, you can transfer files between PC, iPhone, iPad, and other Apple products without using iTunes. As you all know, iTunes, as a software, is great, but it is a hit or miss, and that is the reason why people actually want to look out for alternatives.
With dr.fone Transfer, you can easily backup all your data onto your PC, and transfer it to a new Apple device whenever you think is the time. The best part here is that you will not have to use the iTunes at all, and that is super convenient. Another great thing is that the software works on nearly every single operating system version, and in addition to that, every iOS version starting from iOS 7 and above is supported as well, so you are good to go.
There is something for everybody when using the aforementioned iTunes alternatives. While not every single software will serve your purpose, it all boils down to a personal preference so we recommend you to try each one of them and let us know which one was your favorite down in the comments. In case you’re using the best iTunes alternative which isn’t listed here, we’d love to hear from you via the comments section.