Are you looking for Customer Relation Management (CRM) solution for your business? Here, we have listed and reviewed the best open source CRM software for your small and medium-sized enterprises (SME). Each of these software programs has its pros and cons. Some of them also offer paid cloud solutions that you can upgrade to, later on.
If you are looking for CRM software that you can tailor to suit your needs, then these open source CRM are best for you. You can make as much customization as you need.
SuiteCRM – Editor’s Choice
SuiteCRM is most powerful, reliable and easy-to-customize, bundled with advanced features, CRM software. This is trusted by thousands of companies worldwide. SuiteCRM is the industry leader in the market of CRM solutions. This is a very robust tool that hundreds of extensions and integrations that allows extending its core functionality without much effort. The following are some of its features highlighted.
- Centralized Repository: It places your all kind of customers at one place that allows you to make better business decisions and manage your clients more effectively.
- Integrations: Using the REST API, you can connect your core business system with the SuiteCRM and work without boundaries.
- Community: Developer and other experts’ community has more than 1 million members that make it the most vibrant and active open source communities.
Vtiger is a browser-based open source customer relationship management solution that comes with a hosted solution as well. This software is written in PHP and requires the XAMPP for installing locally. The minimum hardware requirement is 4GB physical memory and 250GB HDD. Its features include sales, marketing, service, quotes, billing, project management, and third-party integrations. The following are its highlighted features.
- Powerful Integrations: Vtiger allows you to integrate with Google Apps, DocuSign, Outlook, Quickbooks, and MailChimp – to manage your email campaigns.
- Products and Price Books: All your bookkeeping off your products and prices are right inside the CRM. You can see and manage everything there.
- Meeting Scheduling: You can easily schedule the meeting with the clients or leads right inside Vtiger Open Source CRM Software.
EspoCRM is an open-source web-based CRM software that allows you to manage your people, sales, inventory, projects, and opportunities right inside single software. More than fifty thousand companies worldwide are using this software. This software is written in PHP and requires Apache with MySQL or MariaDB database software. The following are its main features.
- Easy Integrations: You can easily integrate your self-hosted EspoCRM with Google Apps, Outlook, MailChimp and VoIP (Voice over IP like Twilio, Starface and Binotel).
- Cloud Compatible: EspoCRM can be configured inside Microsoft Azure, Amazon web services, Google Cloud and Oracle Cloud.
- Multi-language Support: This software supports over 25 different languages including French, German, Russian, Polish, Italian, Indonesian and many more.
Odoo is an industry leader in developing open source solutions for business. Odoo CRM is a highly-advanced software suite to manage your customers and leads. It has both community (Open source) and an enterprise edition that you can buy. Odoo has partners all around the globe that can help you to install community edition on your own servers.
- Multi-Platform Support: Odoo CRM community edition is available to install on Windows, Ubuntu, Debian, and Red Hat. Enterprise edition has apps for Android and iOS.
- Amazing Statistics: Advanced statistics of Odoo CRM allows you to monitor the real-time statistics of your company and keep an eye on everything.
- Integration: If you are using other Odoo apps like Invoicing and Email, then you must know that Odoo CRM is fully integrated with them as well.
X2CRM is best for workflow automation. It’s a complete workflow engine and process management tool that allows you to manage marketing, sales, and customer service. X2CRM makes the whole process very easy. Along with the open-source solution, it’s enterprise solution includes Virtual, Dedicated and On-Premise servers. Following are it’s top features.
- Click-through Installation: X2CRM has a built-in installer for self-hosting installation. You just need to check the hardware requirements, pre-requisites, upload files and run the installation files.
- RESTful-API: This suite comes with a REST application programming interface that allows you to integrate your CRM with your web server or mobile applications.
- Advanced Reporting: Dashboard of X2CRM is very powerful and with tonnes of reporting graphs, analytics and automation tools. Some users even argue that there is too much for a front page. But you can always customize it.
First thing first, the best thing about Zurmo CRM is the user-interface. There is a whole new level of fun there. As they claim themselves, they have gamified the CRM and yes it’s true. This social gamification feature is exclusive to Zurmo. Zurmo’s community edition is open source and free to download. There is a community edition as well, where you can use their cloud-hosted enterprise-level solution for your CRM needs. The following are some of the highlighted features of Zurmo.
- Boost Team Morale: Whenever a team member closes a deal, generate a sale or send a quote to a client. He gets some score, chance to level up and win a badge.
- Process Automation: Zurmo allows you to embed the forms directly into the website. In this way, the requests from clients directly come to CRM.
- Email Campaign: This CRM suite has a built-in email system that allows you to run your email campaign right from the CRM.
OroCRM is open source and has its own hosting, deployment and development partners all around the globe. You can download and install this software by yourself or contact one of these partners. The list of partners is available on their website. OroCRM does not have a dedicated mobile app but its web-based system is pretty mobile-friendly that allows you to meet your business needs of CRM. The following are some of its nice features.
- Data Filtering: Overall, the tool is quite technical and overwhelming. But it’s efficient data filtering utility outweighs the cons.
- eCommerce: This CRM software has built-in integrations for eCommerce software like Magneto. Hence best for your eCommerce business.
- Customer Service: You can directly integrate this ZenDesk (Customer Service or Support Ticket Software) hence improving your customer service section as well.
ConcourseSuite also offers an open-source community edition CRM software for small businesses and enterprises. Their community edition is not being updated for more than a decade but still works fine as per reviews. So, it can serve as a good beginning for basic functions of customer relationship management software. Complete source code is available on Github. If you going to use some CRM for your business then it’s fine otherwise it is not advised to this outdated software. You may choose among the other options. Some highlighted features of this software are the following.
- Accounts: You can manage your multiple accounts right inside this single suite. This is one of the core features of this open-source CRM suite.
- Contacts: Your business accounts are most important, you can never afford to lose or store them in text messages or paper. You can save and access them here.
- Leads: All your potential and in-progress leads can also be stored here. Their run-time progress can also be updated and reviewed with time.
When it comes to the most advanced and minimalist user-interface, Axelor CRM is the leader. Its ergonomic design is most loved in the market. Its web-based interface is completely device. No matter which handheld device you carry, it supports all of them including mobiles, tabs, etc. Axelor offers a great number of integrations as well that makes the whole process pretty much automated and you do not have to repeat the tasks every single time. The following are some of its most highlighted features.
- High-end Graphics: Axelor offers high-end graphics, rendering models. All of the data collected by the system and displayed as beautiful graphs which makes the statistics a lot easier to infer.
- Axelor API: Axelor Open suite has the most advanced Application Programming Interface (API) that allows you to open your CRM to the whole world of integrations and never get stuck anywhere.
- Mobile Apps: Axelor CRM also has mobile apps for both Android and iOS that allows your team to manage their customers and leads directly from the mobile device.
Fat Free CRM
This is the most minimalist CRM available. Its code is written using Ruby on Rails which means it’s very powerful on the backend. Fat Free CRM is highly customizable and very elegant in design. It features group collaboration, campaign and lead management, contact lists, and opportunity tracking. Its source code is available on Github which you can download for free. The following are some great features of this open-source CRM software.
- Detailed Installation Guide: Installation guides available for the Flat Free CRM are very much detailed and even a less tech-savvy person can deploy and configure it.
- Cross-Platform: You can install and deploy Fat Free CRM on a large number of platforms including Mac OS, Linux, Windows, and Heroku.
- Plugins: There are several plugins available for example, Service Books, Time Management, Email and Google Authentication for Flat Free CRM users.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are some common questions you should know the answers to before choosing open source customer relationship management software.
Difference between Open Source, Proprietary, and On-Premise CRM?
As explained at the beginning of this article, Open source CRM is the community edition where you can freely download the code and host it on your own server. Deployment, configuration, and management is completely the headache of your company. Proprietary CRM is usually a cloud-based software hosted by the developer company. You don’t have to do much effort for this as you pay the hefty price. On-premise CRM is also called the on-site CRM, it is installed in the company’s server by the provider and allows greater customization.
Is it safe to use Open Source CRM?
If you don’t have a dedicated tech team for your IT infrastructure then it is not advised to use the Open source CRM because no matter how safe the code is, it is always prone to different kind vulnerabilities. If you think your tech team can handle the maintenance as well then you can definitely go for the open-source.
This round-up post for the best open source CRM software is meant for the computer experts. What are the best qualities for CRM? Please leave your feedback below in the comments and help us improve the future posts on this topic.