The games emulator was one of the biggest reasons many chose to install a jailbreak on their iPhone or iPad. The ability to play console games on these devices was never going to be provided by Apple, and they certainly don’t support it. These days, jailbreaking isn’t available for all users because many of the latest utilities are limited. It doesn’t matter though; fans of Nintendo DS games will be delighted to know that NDS4iOS emulator app can now be downloaded without having to go through Cydia first.
NDS4iOS provides the opportunity to choose from hundreds of your favorite Nintendo games and offers loads of great features for every user.
- Easy to download
- User-friendly app interface
- Hundreds of games
- In-app customizations allow you to optimize sound, game controls, control, settings, vibration mode, and more
- Choice of skins
- Support for Dropbox syncing for easy retrieval of files if something goes wrong
- Support for all iOS devices
- You can download other ROMs using NDS4iOS
- Auto-save feature
- Support for cheats
- Built-in browser
- Many more cool features
How to Download NDS4iOS
While this is one of the coolest releases of all time, it isn’t one that Apple supports, and that means you can forget going to find it in the app store. The only way you can get the app on your iPhone or iPad is via unofficial sources.
Method 1: TweakBox
TweakBox is one of the top-rated alternatives to both Cydia and to the iOS app store. Offering tons of apps and games, it specializes in unofficial content that you can’t get from the app stores, like NDS4iOS emulator app. There are plenty of modified apps and games and some other Cydia tweaks too.
- Visit the TweakBox app page from your iOS browser
- Tap on the download link and install TweakBox to your device, following the guide provided
- Once it has successfully installed and you see the icon on your home page, tap it to open it
- You will probably see an Untrusted Developer error – easy to solve, just note the developer name on the error message
- Now open Settings > General and go to Profiles
- Find the developer name in the list and tap it
- Tap on Trust and close Settings
- Now you can open TweakBox again and search for NDS4iOS
- Tap the result, tap on Get > Install and follow the on-screen instructions
- When you see NDS4iOS on your home page – it’s done, and it’s yours.
- You may have to follow the above steps to trust the NDS4iOS certificate before you can use it.
Method 2: IPA File
For those that only want NDS4iOS, who don’t want to take advantage of everything that TweakBox has to offer, there is another way. You will need your computer, and you will need your device and a valid Apple ID.
- First, download the NDS4iOS IPA file onto your computer and save it to your desktop
- Next, download Cydia Impactor to your computer – this tool will sideload the file to your device
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC and open Cydia Impactor
- When your device has been detected, drag the IPA file over and drop it into Cydia Impactor
- Type in your Apple ID and password as requested and tap OK on the Expired Certificates warning message if it appears
- Now wait; Cydia Impactor will need a few minutes to sign and sideload the emulator onto your iPhone or iPad
- When it’s done, NDS4iOS is yours to use.
Adding Nintendo ROMS
Earlier, we said that you could install other ROMs using NDS4iOS. This is easy to do.
- Using Safari browser on your device, open Google and search for Nintendo DS ROMs
- Choose and tap on any download link that you want and Safari will begin downloading it. Most ROMs are quite large in size so be patient; this might take a few minutes – do NOT close Safari down
- When it’s done, you can open the file using NDS4iOS and enjoy your game
Fix TweakBox Profile Installation Failed
One thing that will stop you from installing NDS4iOS onto your device using TweakBox is if the third-party installer fails to load. Rather than moving onto the IPA file download method, if you get Profile Installation Failed Error, try the steps below first to fix it. First, the main reason for this error appearing in the first place is because, when you try to download TweakBox, the Apple servers are struggling to cope with an influx of traffic. In the first instance, you should just wait and try again later. If it still isn’t working and you still get that error message, try this:
- Put your iPhone or iPad into Airplane mode
- Tap on Settings and navigate to the General Section
- Tap the option to Clear History and Website Data
- Next tap on Clear History and Data
- Close Settings, turn off Airplane mode and wait for a few minutes – try installing TweakBox again
You should find that it is successful now and you can go ahead and install NDS4iOS.
Is NDS4iOS Safe?
Yes, it is. Of course, if you can still install a jailbreak you can download NDS4iOS that way but using TweakBox is the safest way – it doesn’t require jailbreaking; therefore, it isn’t breaking Apple’s security by hacking into the iOS root. TweakBox uses the same permissions as an official app to download, and that means it isn’t leaving your device open to any kind of external threat. That leaves your device safe, and it also means that Apple cannot void your warranty for using it. NDS4iOS has also been thoroughly tested and declared free of any malware or anything else that could harm your device.
Be aware – downloading ROMs is illegal so please use caution – you are doing this at your own risk. You can minimize that risk by downloading only from reputable sites and only downloading ROMs for games that you own a physical disc copy of.
Do try NDS4iOS; it is currently the number one emulator app for Nintendo DS games. And, with TweakBox you get so much more, including other emulator apps to try too.