While you might think that a drawing software is not as necessary as some of the other alternatives available in the market, you would be surprised just how important they can be, especially for those who are working in the field. That is why so many people use these software solutions to make sure that they do not run into any issues and are able to complete the drawing without any issues.
Whether you are looking to make floor plans, maps, charts, infographics, or flowcharts; having an all in one solution is only going to make things easier, and simple for you. However, finding something that can cater to all your needs is not something that is easy.
Microsoft Visio has been a favored choice for visual communication purposes out there. Unfortunately, its high price of $589.99 for just one copy not to mention a string of changes have resulted in a negative review of the program.
In this Edraw Max review, we are going to explore different aspects of this software and see just how this is better than so many other available options, let’s have a look.
Edraw Max Features
A drawing software of this caliber should have enough features to let people stick around. Thankfully, that is exactly what Edraw tends to follow. You do get a lot of amazing features with this software, something that we really love.
Below are all the main features listed and talked about.
- A Massive Library for Templates: There is no denying that one thing that can prove to be a lot more helpful than anything else is a library that has a lot of templates and that too, free. If you are looking to make things easier for yourself and you want to have the best possible experience, too. You would be pleased to know that the software offers a plethora of free templates.
- Import and Export Your Files: Another great thing about this software solution is that you can easily export and import your files without any issue. If you have Visio files, they are easy to export. Formats such as Visio, PDF, Word, PPT, JPEG, HTML are all fully supported.
- Lots of Symbols: Obviously, symbols are definitely important when it comes to diagrams, charts, and infographics. You get access to over 50,000 vector symbols that you can use, and even edit to fit your needs.
- Dynamic Toolkit: Another great thing that you are going to get from Edraw is that it comes with a dynamic toolkit that allows for a very flexible and easy workflow.
- Cloud-Based: While many might overlook this feature but when you are going to be using this software, you will have a cloud-based experience. This means that you can easily share your designs with others by putting them on the cloud using various services. You will be given an HTML link for sharing, and you would be good to go.
Why use Edraw Max?
Obviously, if you are paying for software, it better has all the features that you need, otherwise, it would not be worth it at all. This is something that many people have raised concerns about, and in order to rectify those concerns, and make the situation much easier to understand, we are listing down some of the reasons why you should use Edraw Max.
Really Easy to Work With
One of the biggest benefits of using Edraw is that it is really easy to work with; sure, it does take some time to learn but you are only going to learn using this software if it caters to your work. Once you have learned how to work with this software, you will not have any issues.
Ton of Features
Another great thing is that in order to facilitate your designing experience, you get a lot of features that are extremely easy to use. The features are not convoluted, either. So, you really do not have to worry about getting lost in the menu.
If you are in a circle of other designers, as well. The good news is that you can easily share your designs with others, like your fellow designers, and even clients by simply uploading the work on the cloud, and sharing it using the simple links that are provided. It really is a simple and extremely beneficial feature.
An All-Purpose Tool
Whether you are creating flowcharts, floor plans, science illustrations, organizational charts, mind maps, network diagram, electrical diagram, or project chart, the good news is that you can use Edraw Max to create all of these without any extra effort or discrepancies coming your way. It is as simple as it gets.
How to Use Edraw Max
That we have looked at the majority of important aspects, the next thing that we are going to explore is about the tutorial and how you can use the software. Although the tutorial could require its own separate article due to the sheer number of things you can do with Edraw Max, we want to keep things simple, and only explore the basics.
Step 1: Download and install Edraw Max.
Step 2: Once the software is downloaded, simply run it, and you will be presented with the following screen. It does look overwhelming, but it is fairly easy to use.
Step 3: Now choose the template that you want to work with, and you will see different variations of it. In our case, we chose the pyramid. Simply double click on the template that you want to use.
Step 4: The following screen will open with the template in front of you.
Step 5: You can make adjustments to the pyramid as you like, and once that is done, you can save it, as well as share it with others.
Yes, this is how easy it is to the software. Despite having no prior knowledge about the drawing software solutions, I was able to open it and actually go ahead with the process of creating a diagram. Obviously, it is a simple diagram without any complexity, but I assure you that if you are looking for something complex, the software has all the necessary tools to provide you with the ability.
As far as the pricing is concerned, Edraw Max comes with three different options that you can choose from.
- Perpetual License: $179, you can use the software indefinitely and will get 3 years of guaranteed upgrades.
- Lifetime License: $245, you can use the software indefinitely with a lifetime of guaranteed upgrades.
- Subscription License: $99, you will be paying $8.25 per month for a year, and then $5.75 once you have renewed.
There is no denying that there is a good demand for drawing software solutions in the market. True, there are many, but to have an all in one solution is something that most people want to go with. Thankfully, Edraw Max is the one that provides you with that solution.
During my time with the software, I really did not face any issues that might come in the way of my overall experience with the software. it works really well in all the situations, and if you are a designer, the software rewards you with excellent features and work environment.
Needless to say, it is the definitive drawing software that people should be going for.