Inserting PDF files into a word document is not always the easiest thing to do. But with this tutorial, you’ll have it down in no time! If you’re anything like me, your computer probably has a million different things on it, and finding what you need can be tough.
Method #1 (Recommended) – Insert PDF Into Word Document Using SwifDoo PDF Editor
- Install SwifDoo PDF Editor by downloading it from their official website.
- Once installed, you will see the “PDF to Word” tab on the welcome screen. Click on this tab.
- Select your desired PDF file by clicking on the “+Add Files” button.
- Click on the “Start” button to initiate the operation. It will take a while depending upon the file size.
- Once the conversion process is completed, you will be able to see the PDF file converted into Word Document. Isn’t that easy?
SwifDoo PDF converter is one the best free PDF editing solutions that allows you to convert PDF into Word and many other formats without any hassle.
Method #2 (Limitations) – Insert PDF Into Word Document Using MS Word
This is the most common method of inserting a pdf into a Microsoft Word document. It should be as easy to do this by following these steps:
- Go to the “File” tab and select “Open“.
- Type in the name or search for your desired PDF file, then click on it when found under the list of files saved onto the computer.
- Click “Yes” when prompted with an option to insert or edit text from another application.
- It should automatically open a new document in MS Word, and you will be able to see the PDF file on top of your screen while writing!
This method of placing a PDF file on your Word document is enough if you just want to cut and reformat it. But once you put the PDF file on, you cannot edit its content anymore. So let’s look at different methods to do this.
Method #3 (Bit Complicated) – Insert PDF Into Word Document Using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
This process is more complicated than the first, but it does have a few advantages.
- Open Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and click on the “File” tab followed by clicking “Import“.
- Find your PDF file in the list of files to import, then select where you want to insert the pdf once loaded into Word Document.
- Next, you’ll want to click “Split File“.
- Then it will load the PDF and a bunch of other files that may not be necessary. Click on where it says “Split Files” followed by clicking on the arrow pointing downwards next to “PDF File” This should now be highlighted in blue which means this is what you want to do.
- Select “Split Files” again and the PDF will be split into two parts into separate files, one for each page of your pdf file. Select which half you would like loaded on top (should correspond with “Page One,” if it is indeed a two-page pdf). Click on where it says “File” and “Save.”
- Continue on to do the same process for your second half of the PDF file, selecting where you want it loaded in MS Word. Then click on the “File” tab followed by clicking “save again” And voila! You’re done!
I hope this tutorial on how to insert a PDF into a word document was helpful. If you need any additional help with inserting PDFs, feel free to contact us!