If you happen to own an iPhone and you are someone who has used iTunes for a long time, you are probably aware of the fact that the quality of iTunes has drastically dropped over the past couple of years. This is a sad state because iTunes, at one point, was the best thing that you could use to manage your iPhone or other iDevices. However, that is no longer the case and on top of this iTunes will no longer be available on Mac after the release of macOS 10.15 Catalina.
If you are wondering what to do next and where to begin, the good news is that you can start using a software like iMazing right away. It is one of the best iTunes replacements, with many enhanced features, that gets the job done on multiple fronts. If you are looking for a definitive way of managing your iOS devices, this is the way to go.
With that said, today, we will review iMazing and find out all about this software so we can have a better understanding of what you should be expecting from it. Let’s start exploring.
Obviously, if the software is trying to fill the shoes of something like iTunes, it must have a lot of features, to begin with. Otherwise, you are just going to end up looking for more alternatives that will get the job done. Thankfully, that is not the case, because iMazing comes loaded with lots of advanced features that make things super easy for you and the best part is that they work flawlessly.
Therefore, without further ado, let’s take a look at some of iMazing’s most important features.
- Backup Your iPhone/iPad: One of the best things about iMazing is that it allows you to backup your iOS devices without any hassle. You can make backups, and then browse, edit and restore them as you like. With this software you can also set up automatic wireless backups, making sure that your iOS data is safe and protected at all times.
- Quick Transfer: iMazing lets you quickly transfer files and folders (music, photos, ringtones, movies, books, contacts, apps, and files) from your Mac or Windows computer to your iPhone or iPad. This feature is 100% free even in the trial version of the software.
- iPhone to iPhone Data Transfer: iMazing allows you to safely transfer data from your old iPhone to your new one, where you’re free to select which iOS data, apps and content you would like to keep. The best thing is that it doesn’t require iTunes or iCloud.
- Export Messages: Another great thing about this software is that it allows you to manage all your iPhone text messages. Whether you are talking about WhatsApp messages, iMessages or otherwise, you can do that with ease. You can print your iPhone chats and attachments, and additionally, you can export them to PDF, Excel, or CSV as well. The exported messages appear just as they do on your iPhone, with emojis, and everything in place.
- Music & Ringtones Management: iMazing lets you transfer music between your iOS devices and your computer. Additionally, you can add customized ringtones and notification sounds to your iPhone and that too for free. It supports all popular formats which include MP3, M4A, AAC, FLAC, AUDIBLE, AIFF, APPLE LOSSLESS, & WAV.
- Manage Contacts: You can easily export iPhone contacts to your Mac or PC, without iTunes or iCloud. The exported contacts can be saved as vCards, as a CSV file compatible with Microsoft Outlook and Excel, even as Windows Contacts, or to the Mac Contacts App which can later be imported to another iPhone without any hassle.
- Apps Management: iMazing makes App Management easier than ever. You can download iOS apps to your Mac or PC, and later install them to your iPhone or iPad.
- iOS Management: iMazing comes with a powerful iOS management suite aimed for power users which offers several features such as advanced connectivity, backup, diagnostics solutions, file system browser, re-install or update iOS, advanced device info, and diagnostics.
Why Use iMazing?
Now that we have looked at some of the important features that you would be getting if you started using iMazing, we need to reflect on why you should start using iMazing. One of the main reasons why, is because this software is definitely made for those who are looking to have the most comprehensive experience when it comes to managing their iOS devices. Below are some of the other reasons as to why you should be using iMazing.
You Want to Replace iTunes
If you are looking for something definitive and something that can easily replace iTunes’ iOS management and media transfer features, then this is the way to go. What I love about iMazing is that it’s straightforward, easy to use and can not only replace iTunes, but does so much more – like browsing and recovering data from your backups, as well as wireless automatic backups and Apps management. It is also much easier to use than iTunes. With that said, it is not a music library or music player, and you cannot purchase songs or videos with it of course. If you only use iTunes to play songs and sync your music, then keep using iTunes on Windows, and on macOS Catalina, you’ll use the Music app for that.
You Want Something Secure
I have to be honest with you here. Trusting the first-party software is something that is going to be a lot easier than trusting a 3rd party software. This is something that most people often overlook almost entirely. If you are worried about compromising your data or privacy in general, then do not worry. The software has been created by the Swiss developer named DigiDNA, and the company doesn’t store any data: it all stays on your own computer or external drive.
You Want a Well Supported Tool
iMazing can be somewhat overwhelming at first, due to the fact that there is just so much that you can do with this software. However, thanks to the plethora of helpful video tutorials available, your overall experience will become a lot smoother and easier.
How to Use iMazing?
The great thing about this software is that it is reasonably easy to use despite being filled with a lot of useful and impressive features. Here is their introduction video tutorial that will guide you through getting started with iMazing.
Another cool thing about iMazing is that it is priced rather competitively. Depending on what you’re looking for and your budget, you can definitely find an iMazing license that fits your needs, as you have enough options to choose from. On top of that, if you just want to try the software, but you’re not willing to invest in it just yet, iMazing offers a free trial. Within this free trial, all of the features are accessible. While some of the features come with certain limitations in the trial mode, some are completely free which means that there’s plenty you can do with iMazing even if you don’t have a license. This gives you the opportunity to test the software and then decide whether you’d like to purchase a license or not.
The pricing for the different types of iMazing licenses is listed below for your convenience.
- Single License (for 1 computer): $44.99.
- Universal License (for 2 computers): $49.99.
- Family License (for 5 computers): $69.99.
Having used iTunes for the longest time, it was not easy shifting to software like iMazing. Simply because using something new and unfamiliar always a little bit difficult at first, as it requires more attention and getting used to.
However, after the initial stage of making yourself familiar with iMazing’s interface and many features, it quickly becomes obvious that this software is more than just an iTunes replacement. As we have discussed previously, you can do so much more with it. You can opt for automatic backup scheduling, browsing and editing your backups, exporting your iPhone messages, transferring all sorts of files between your computer and iOS devices. The best part? Many of the features of this great software are completely free.