There are many different types of financial charting apps in the world. While some cater to institutional investors, others focus on individual traders. Regardless of who your target audience is, it’s important to make your app as user-friendly and accessible as possible. In this blog post, we will discuss some ways that you can improve UX and accessibility in your financial charting app. We’ll also look at some examples of how other developers have done this successfully. Let’s get started!
Why UX is important?
User experience (UX) is important for any type of software application, but it’s especially critical for financial charting apps. This is because traders need to be able to quickly and easily find the information they’re looking for. If your app is difficult to use or navigate, the users might lose time, react slowly to changing markets, and be slow with testing their trading ideas. Chances are good that users will simply give up and look for another option.
In addition to making your app more user-friendly, improving UX can also help you expand your audience. For example, if your app is designed for experienced traders, making it more accessible to beginners can open up a whole new group of potential users.
So how can you improve UX in your financial charting app? Let’s take a look at some tips.
Tips for improving UX
There are many different ways to improve UX in your financial charting app. Here are just a few of the most important:
- Make sure your app is easy to use and navigate. This seems like a no-brainer, but it’s worth repeating. If users can’t figure out how to use your app, they’re not going to stick around for long.
- Use clear and concise language. Again, this is something that sounds obvious but is often overlooked. Remember that not all of your users will be financial experts. Use language that everyone can understand, and avoid jargon whenever possible.
- Make use of gesture controls. This can be especially helpful for those who are visually impaired or have difficulty using a traditional mouse and keyboard setup. By allowing users to control the app with simple gestures, you can provide a more intuitive and user-friendly experience.
- Make use of voice controls. This can be helpful for users who are on the go and need to be able to access their charts quickly and easily. You can also use voice controls to provide information about specific data points or allow users to issue commands to the app.
Why accessibility is important?
Accessibility is important because it allows everyone to use your app, regardless of their ability level. By making your app accessible, you can expand your potential customer base and make a positive impact on the lives of those who might not otherwise be able to use your product.
Tips for improving Accessibility
There are many different ways to make your financial charting app more accessible.
- Provide keyboard shortcuts. Consider all possible scenarios of using your charting app and provide as many as possible keyboard shortcuts.
- Provide alternative versions of your charts and graphs. For example, some users may be partially sighted. As such, it’s important to make sure that your app can be used by as many people as possible. One way to do this is to provide alternative versions of your charts and graphs that can be used by those with different levels of ability.
- Provide text-to-speech capabilities within your app. This can be helpful for users who have difficulty reading. By providing text-to-speech, you can make sure that everyone has access to the information contained in your charts and graphs.
Accessibility beyond disabled people
For many years, accessibility was primarily viewed as a concern for people with disabilities. However, it is now recognized that good accessibility design benefits everyone. It can make interacting with a software faster and easier for all users, regardless of ability. This, in turn, can help brokers and investing academies expand their audience by making their services more accessible to a wider range of people. In other words, designing with accessibility in mind is not only the right thing to do, but it also makes good business sense.
Nowadays, fintech app developers can add a charting module to many different types of app: from banking to news portals, and online course providers. It means they need to account for different use-case scenarios and think of providing a great user-experience and accessibility. Let’s consider what a great accessibility means on the example of DXcharts.
DXcharts is a financial charting library that can help improve both the UX and accessibility of your app. With its sleek design and easy-to-use interface, DXcharts makes it easy to analyze and view financial charts. And because it’s built with accessibility in mind, users who may be affected by temporary or situational disabilities can also benefit from using the app.
Working with financial charts can be a complex and time-consuming task, involving the use of multiple software applications and tools. DXcharts is a powerful self-hosted charting library for developers looking to add an environment for integrating market data visualization, analysis, or trading to their website. Whether you are building a trading platform, an investor academy, or a social network for traders, the arsenal of functions for analysis is the key for your end-users. And making these functions easily reachable from your keyboard, helping your end-users work fast, is already half of success for your trading analytics app.
By following these tips, you can improve both the UX and accessibility of your financial charting app. Doing so will not only make your app more user-friendly, but it will also allow you to expand your potential customer base. So what are you waiting for? Start implementing these tips today and see the difference they can make for your business.