We all know that Apple only allows us to play iOS games on the iPhone or iPad, not offering support for any other format. That is one of the reasons why jailbreaking was so popular because we could install emulators that allowed us a more extensive choice of game formats – console games. Right now, not everyone is able to install a jailbreak on their devices and, to be fair, not everyone wants to. Rather than having to miss out though, there is still a way to do this and it involves an app called Delta Emulator.
What is Delta Emulator?
Delta Emulator app is more than just an emulator. As well as giving you the tools you need to play your favorite Gameboy games on your iPhone or iPad, you can also use the app to download external ROMS onto your device, expanding the games you have at your fingertips.
With full support for all iOS versions, including the latest iOS 12, Delta emulator offers users a fantastic games experience with plenty of great features.
Delta emulator offers loads of cool features, including:
- It’s free
- You don’t need to jailbreak
- Supports all iOS devices up to and including iOS 12
- User-friendly interface
- Support for Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Color, Gameboy, Nintendo 64 and more
- Smooth, reliable gameplay, the same quality as you get playing on a console
- Fast forward features
- Several Save states
- Sustain buttons that emulate human input
- Cheat code support
- iTunes and iCloud support for loading games
- Lookup system
- In-app settings with new skins and other customizations
- Allows up to four connection inputs simultaneously
- Loads more cool features
How to Download Delta Emulator:
Delta emulator doesn’t need a jailbreak to work, but you still can’t download it from the iOS app store – because of the nature of the app, Apple isn’t going to let it past their security. There are three ways to do this though, two for the iPhone and one that is iPad-specific.
Method 1: IPA File Download – iPhone
You will need your computer or laptop, Mac or Windows for this, along with your Apple ID.
- First, download Cydia Impactor onto your computer
- Next, download the Delta Emulator IPA file onto your computer
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and open Cydia Impactor
- When your iPhone has been detected, find the IPA file and drag it into the open Cydia Impactor window
- You will be asked for your Apple ID and Password – input these
- An Expired Certificate warning may popup – click on OK
- Now Cydia Impactor will begin its work, retrieving the file, signing it and installing it on your device. When you see Delta Emulator on your Phone home screen, it has been successful
When you Tap the Delta icon to open the emulator, you will see an Untrusted Developer error, and you won’t be able to use the app until it has been resolved. This is very simple to do:
- Open your iPhone Settings
- Tap on General and then go to the Profiles and Device Management section
- Find the Delta Emulator profile in the list and tap on it (it may be your Apple ID instead)
- Tap on the Trust button and close settings
- Now you can use Delta Emulator.
Method 2: Using Emus4U App
Emus4U is one of the top-rated third-party app installers. An unofficial app store, the installer offers users a huge choice of modified and tweaked apps and games, a few Cydia tweaks, and loads of other content including paid apps for free. Delta emulator is just one emulator available in the installer so here’s how to get it:
- Open Safari browser on your device and go to the Emus4U download page
- Tap on the download button and follow the guide to install it on your iPhone
- When you see the app icon on your home screen, it has been installed
- Open Settings > General > Profiles and trust the Emus4U profile
- Open Emus4U and tap on the Emulators section
- Type Delta into the search box
- Tap the result and tap on Get on the app screen
- Tap Install on the popup message
- Wait; you will see the Delta emulator app on your home screen when it has successfully downloaded
- Don’t forget to trust the Delta profile before you use it – open Settings > General > Profiles and trust Delta Emulator
Method 3: Delta Emulator Lite on iPad
This is specific to the iPad and requires Swift Playgrounds
- Go to the iOS app store on your iPad and download Swift Playgrounds
- Open this page using your iPad browser and click on the link to put Delta Lite emulator into the app subscriptions for Swift Playgrounds
- A popup message will appear, click on Subscribe
- The Delta page will open, tap on Get
- Wait for the installation to finish and then go to the My Playgrounds section of Swift Playgrounds
- Tap on the Delta thumbnail and then tap on Open
- Download your NES games from the internet and save them to your iCloud drive
- In Delta Lite, find the text that reads ‘let game = ‘ and tap the Landscape button next to it – this will import your games from the iCloud drive
- Choose a game and tap on Use
- Tap on Run My Code, and the game is ready to be played
Delta Emulator is a great choice of emulator app to play Nintendo and Gameboy games on your iPhone or iPad. With support for so many games, it is one of the most versatile, and it opens up a whole new world of gaming on your device. The app is instantly authenticated for use on your iPhone or iPad but, so that Apple can’t stop you from using it you should use a recommended VPN as well.
Try Delta Emulator. It is a safe app to use, reliable, offers a ton of features for all users and you can even add your own ROMs, giving you a much bigger choice of games to play.
Tell us what games you are playing and follow us on Facebook for more tips and recommendations.