In this article, I will be discussing some of the methods that you can install GBA4iOS Emulator on your iOS-powered device. The emulator will allow you to play all the GBA games that have been released.
For many millennials, the value of Nintendo’s Game Boy Advance is on a level very few can match. Owning that legendary handheld was a status symbol back in the day. While Nintendo has tried its best to amass more customers by launching the Nintendo Switch, the nostalgic value of the Game Boy Advance still remains.
People are now trying to find several different ways that allow them to play those classics on their mobile devices. The good thing is that the success rate is not that far off either. Thanks to GBA4iOS emulator; the emulator allows you to properly emulate all the GBA titles onto your iPhone or iOS powered device.
At the time of writing, there are two different emulators that are working; one is the GBA4iOS, and the other is Delta Emulator. To make sure that the readers get to enjoy the best of both worlds.
The article is going to cover the installation methods, with all the other information so you can have an easier time installing. I am not going to jump straight away and talk about emulators.
That is because many people are still new to the idea of having them on iOS-powered devices. Emulators have been on Androids for quite some time, so when people realized that they are available on iOS as well, the reception was mixed.
That is because unlike Android, iOS has a very tight control on the apps that can utilize the hardware properly, and those that can’t. With that in mind, I am first going to discuss some basics of the emulators.
How to Install GBA4iOS GBA emulator on iPhone 2018
The first emulator we are going to have a look at is the GBA4iOS; it is one of the more popular emulators. It has been around for some time and has been working perfectly fine. The emulator works perfectly on both iPhones and iPads running iOS 11.
The good thing about installing the emulator is that you are not required a jailbreak. Making it much simpler for everyone to enjoy the amazing emulator. The installation method is simple at best. But to make it even simpler, the process is listed below in steps.
However, before I even discuss the methods, I think the nice idea would be to talk about some of the features of GBA4iOS, and what makes it so much better.
Important Features of GBA4iOS
Following are some of the important features of GBA4iOs that are listed to give readers a better understanding of the emulator that they are going to be using.
- Supports multiplayer, allowing the players to engage in online battles for the games that support it.
- The emulator also supports controller skins from Game Boy Colour, and Game Boy Advance, giving you the truest replication of your favorite handhelds.
- Allows the players to use as many cheat codes as possible without any limitations.
- You can even synchronize your data, and save files on cloud storage, making for an easier access.
- You can not only run games from Game Boy Advance, but also from Game Boy Colour.
- The emulator provides you haptic feedback, AirPlay, and wireless support after the latest update.
I should also mention that there are two methods to run this emulator, and both will be on the list.
- Open a browser on your iOS device, and go to http://iemulators.com/gba4ios.
- Scroll down and click on the GBA4iOS 2.1 Date Trick logo.
- The next page will present you with all the information regarding the emulator.
- Find and tap the install button at the bottom of the page.
- A prompt will ask you for confirmation, simply confirm once again.
- The next page will take you to the Settings page.
- From there, go to General > Date & Time > and then Toggle Off.
- Now manually enter any date and time apart from the current one, and wait a couple of seconds for the installation process to complete.
- Once the emulator is done installing, you will be presented the GBA4iOS logo on your device’s screen.
- You can now change the date and time back to auto. However, there is just little left before the final process.
- Go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management and ensure that the trust certificate for the GBA4iOS is enabled.
That is it, by following the procedure above, you have successfully installed the GBA4iOS method on your iOS device. However, if you feel that the method above is difficult, there is an easier one available too.
The second method, in my opinion, is somewhat easier for many people. It does not require the date and time trick either. However, you are going to need to have a laptop or a desktop running either Windows or Mac OS.
The method is easy because there are few steps involved without the inclusion of any tricks or unorthodox methods. This method uses a GBA4iOS IPA file, and the Cydia Impactor. I know that Cydia is largely associated with jailbreaks, but the method works without jailbreak.
- Start by downloading GBA4iOS IPA file and Cydia Impactor.
- Once downloaded, open the Cydia Impactor, and connect your device. It will recognize the device connected.
- Now select the device you have connected, and drag and drop the GBA4iOS IPA file you have downloaded previously.
- The Impactor will ask you to enter Apple ID and password for continuing the installation. Keep in mind that you need a valid ID or the method will not work.
- Once the process finishes, you will be able to play the GBA games on your iOS device.
There you have it, folks. The second method is even easier for people who are hesitating about the first method. However, there is one major drawback that you must keep in mind; the method needs to be repeated after every week due to some limitations. But if you have a valid Apple Developer ID with a trusted certificate, you can use this method for up to a year.
With that in mind, the good news is that I am not done listing all the working methods that you can use to play GBA games on your iPhone or iPads. There is one more amazing emulator known as Delta Emulator that has been making the rounds for some time now.
The emulator is somewhat easier to install and does not require any jailbreak either. Considering how some people have had issues with installing the GBA4iOS emulator, I thought it would be a good idea to add a simpler, more refined method.
GBA4iOS Installation VideosPros
- GBA4iOS works really well and runs all the games from Game Boy Advance and Game Boy Colour.
- Supports a lot of features that are normally out of the ordinary.
- Easy to install.
- Support is only limited to Game Boy Colour, and Advance.
- Installation method is a bit tricky.
How to Install Delta Emulator To Play GBA games on iPhone
The process of installing Delta Emulator is rather simple and straightforward. You are not required to go through a complicated process that will hinder you in any way. It is certainly a good thing, because most of the users are in for the simplicity, and not the complications.
The good thing about Delta Emulator is that it not only allows you to play games from Game Boy Advance, but also from Nintendo 64, Game Boy Colour, and Super Nintendo. As far as the devices are concerned, the devices mentioned below will run this emulator.
- iPhone 5, 5c, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE, 7, and 7 Plus.
- iPad Pro.
- iPad 3 and iPad 4.
- iPad Air, and iPad Air 2.
- iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, and iPad Mini 3.
- iPod Touch 6th generation.
As you can see, all the devices minus the iPhone 8 series, and iPhone X are missing. That is why I did not get the chance to. However, I am somewhat certain that this method does work on those devices as well. As soon as I get a confirmation regarding that, I will update this article.
Before I move on to the installation process, I am going to list down some of the important features of the Delta Emulator. Considering how I have already talked about GBA4iOS emulator, I thought it would be a wise thing to do.
Features of Delta Emulator
Below are some of the important, and useful features of Delta Emulator that are responsible for making this emulator such a success.
- Support for iPad along with proper optimization.
- Full support for AirPlay.
- The emulator can sync with DropBox.
- You can wirelessly link as well.
- Different skins to match your mood.
- Full support for iOS version 8 and up.
- Constant updates.
- Support for cheat codes.
With the features properly discussed, let’s move on to the installation process.
- Open the web browser on your device.
- Now type in the following URL, or copy it in the browser: deltaemulator.org.
- Once that is done, the page will load. Look for an “Up” arrow, and then tap on that.
- You will be given more options, from that list, choose “Add to Home Screen”.
- Now type “Delta” into the box, and once the result shows up, tap on “Add” in Safari.
That is it, once you go back to the home screen, you will see the Delta icon added there. All you need to do is to launch it and play your favorite Nintendo titles with great ease. By far the easiest method that you can use to play the games on your iOS device.
GBA4iOS Installation VideosPros
- Extremely simple installation.
- Supports a variety of devices.
- Will run games from multiple Nintendo consoles.
- Regularly updated.
The Benefits of Using Emulators
The benefits of using emulators are something that has been in the discussion for quite some time now. Many traditionalists have gone to the extent of calling emulation piracy because you are not really paying the developer for the games.
However, there are some gamers who actively support emulators and have been doing for some time now. I believe that there are countless advantages of using the emulators. Especially for people who were either too young back in those days, or did not get the chance to play the classics for some other reasons.
With that said and done, you can now look at the advantages of using emulators.
You Can Easily Play the Classics
Despite the gaming industry soaring and evolving into something entirely different, there is no denying that for many people, the classics hold a value one can’t ignore. Keeping that in mind, it is important to know that emulators allow you to play the classics.
However, the experience will be different than it used to be before, but the real essence will still remain. You might feel strange having the touch controls at hand, but trust me, if you are dedicated enough, you are going to have a good time playing the games.
I can tell because I have spent countless hours in different Pokemon games, trying to catch ’em all.
Your Gaming Experience Will Enhance
While I absolutely adore the experience provided by the original handheld consoles by Nintendo, I will not say that the experience was perfect. Saving a game was a pain because you had to find certain points that allowed saving games, and there were other issues too.
However, with the emulators, the whole experience takes a 180-degree turn. You get features such as the ability to save the game whenever you want, use cheat codes, and proper optimization that will get rid of the hardware limitation.
It is just an experience that makes emulation so worth your time.
Access to Loads of Advanced Features
This kind of ties into what I just said before. When you start using an emulator, you not only get the ability to play the games that are available but also a vast amount of features. Features usually include support for cheat codes, skipping dialogues, and even saving the game at any point you would prefer.
Now I know that this is not exactly the actual experience that you get on an actual handheld console, but considering how so many people want to have the total freedom, it is just so much better when you are gaming on an emulator as compared to other choices that you normally have.
If you want things to be convenient and straightforward, this is the way to go.
Play the Entire Catalogue
Another one of the biggest benefits of playing using an emulator is that you will have the access to the entire catalog. You will not be limited to a couple of games that are available like you would on an actual console. Instead, you can download as many games as you would like, and it will all be okay.
You will not even need to physically store the games since they are going to be stored in your phone’s storage. In addition to that, you also need to keep in mind that you are not limited to just one console; the emulators give you a choice to play games from different handheld consoles.
Simply put, the biggest benefit of having an emulator is the fact that there is no limit to the number of games you can play. So many options are available, and you can go for any one of them if you wish to.
Emulators are amazing and I fully endorse them, especially for games that are no longer accessible for one reason or another.
I will not deny that there is a severe lack of good GBA emulators on the iOS front. That is partly because of the limitations that are on iOS as an operating system. If you notice, a similar pattern cannot be found on the Android side, because things are much easier and straightforward.
Even when a developer successfully manages to bring an emulator into the iOS ecosystem, Apple’s strict software upgradation ends up breaking the support after a while. GBA4iOS and Delta Emulator are the only currently working emulators available.
However, one should also keep in mind that the support might not be available in the near future when Apple moves and upgrades the software again. Till then, feel free to enjoy the amazing experience playing your best GBA games on your iPhone.
As far as emulators being controversial is concerned, I am only going to say that emulators are a great way to get yourself back into the retro gaming. Especially when you don’t have the means to go the legit way.
These games are old and are rarely available in a condition that they can be played in, so emulators are what we must trust to provide us the best possible gaming experience.