Are there Better Movie Streaming Services Available Than Netflix?
Source: Pixabay No Attribution Required
The co-founder and CEO of Netflix, Reed Hastings, realizes that his multinational corporation has reached a pivot point. Between April – June 2022, Netflix hemorrhaged 1 million subscribers, the second successive quarter of losses for the global giant. While substantial, the figure came in under analyst expectations of 2 million subscribers. Given the better-than-expected results, Netflix shares recently enjoyed a breather. The online streaming services giant is expected to steadily increase its numbers moving forward, albeit at a snail’s pace.
Netflix faces major headwinds from many other streaming services. These include Disney +, HBO Max, and NBC Universal’s Peacock. Whether or not Netflix remains a viable market leader depends on its growth-oriented strategies and its ability to attract and maintain its current customer base, particularly in the North American market. Netflix is hoping to boost its free cash flow substantially in 2022 and 2023, with more cash being funneled to shareholders despite massive cuts to the share price. As the front-runner in global streaming services, Netflix has many competitors snapping at its heels.
What is the Best Asian Movie Streaming Service?
Many apps are available for watching Asian dramas and movies on TV, PC, Mac, and mobile- devices. From a subscriber’s perspective, it’s all about value-added benefits. Price is always a major consideration, but so are the quantity and quality of TV dramas, films, documentaries, comedies, horror movies, et cetera. The Asian market is diverse, with multiple countries contributing to a rich pool of content. The best Asian movie streaming services cover this broad market in detail.
Some of the things to look out for with Asian movie streaming services include:
- Regular updates with the latest releases
- English subtitles for non-English speakers
- User-friendly interface that’s easy to navigate
- Affordable monthly or annual subscription fees
- A large library of popular and cult movies from Asia
- Compatibility with a range of devices, including smart TVs, gaming consoles, and mobile phones
Viki Streaming Services
Netflix is one of the most famous movie streaming services in the world. It has an impressive library of films and TV series from all over the globe. The selection of Asian titles is vast, with something for everyone. New releases are added regularly, so there’s always something new to watch. The price is high, but you can access the service on various devices. The user interface is straightforward. Fortunately, there are other streaming services to consider, like the Korean drama app Viki. This movie streaming service enjoys a stellar rating among users, with 4.1/5 from 844,000 reviewers.
With over 50 million downloads, Viki includes content from multiple countries, such as Thailand, Taiwan, Japan, Mainland China, and Korea. The app covers the entire spectrum, with Asian dramas, Korean dramas, multi-device streaming, premium movies from the US and Asia, celebrity focus, and a veritable community for staying abreast of the latest developments in the Asian movie scene. In addition, the Viki Pass subscription grants access to high-definition content, with no advertisements interrupting the shows.
There are thousands of movies and TV shows from all over the world, notably in Asia, showcased at Viki. Customers can quickly organize content according to popularity, formats, genre, country, subtitle, schedule, et cetera. There are even Viki Original films and series to enjoy. The service is integrated with Roku, Android TV, Chromecast, Apple TV, and Fire TV and is available for download on Apple and Android mobile devices. In addition, ten languages are supported on this movie streaming service, including English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, and Korean.
Other Alternatives to Netflix
If you’re looking for other alternatives to Netflix, here are a few things to consider, although they don’t measure up as well as Viki for Asian dramas and movies.
- Amazon Prime Video: Prime Video is a popular alternative to Netflix. It offers an impressive selection of movies and TV shows, including a fair amount from Asia. In addition, the monthly subscription fee is cheaper than Netflix, and there are no ads.
- Hulu: Hulu is another affordable movie streaming service with a vast selection of titles. You can watch Hulu on various devices, including smart TVs, gaming consoles, and smartphones.
- Sling TV: Sling TV is an excellent option for cord-cutters who want to watch dramas and movies. You can watch Sling TV on various devices, including smart TVs, gaming consoles, and mobile phones.
- Vudu: Vudu is a popular movie streaming service with a vast library of titles. It’s perfect for watching international content. The monthly subscription fee is cheaper than Netflix, and there are no ads.