There is no denying that ripping Blu-ray or DVD disk has become such an important factor in the modern-day and age. Now that physical media is slowly going away and digital is taking over, there are many people who have a lot of important stuff stored on disk. Whether you are talking about documents, pictures, videos, or just miscellaneous data that you have stored, things can be important and that is not something that we can deny at all.
If you have been thinking about making a backup to them as well, you should look at VideoSolo BD-DVD Ripper. It is one of the best DVD Ripper software that works on both Blu-rays as well as DVDs. It is extremely effective, and efficient, as well. In this review, we are going to explore different aspects of this software and see why it happens to be such a great option.
VideoSolo BD-DVD Ripper Features
Features are among the most essential part of any software. Granted, there are times when people do not really pay attention to the feature set and just get their hands on the software without paying much attention. However, having a proper understanding of the features that come with the software only guarantees the fact that you are not making the wrong decision.
With that said, the features of VideoSolo are listed below.
- Access to Multiple Formats and Presets: One of the biggest strengths of this software solution is that you have access to multiple formats as well as multiple presets. This is actually very convenient, and the best part is that you really do not have to worry about anything going out of the way with this software. You can rip your disks into different formats, and if you have different devices, you can use device-specific presets, too.
- Adjustable Parameters: Another great thing about this software is that you get adjustable parameters. Now they might not make sense to a lot of people, but the benefit of adjustable parameters is that if you do want to make some changes, you will not have to worry about things going out of the spiral. All the changes can be made with ease to the last detail.
- Great Output Quality: Another great thing about this software solution is that thanks to its algorithm and coding, the software tries to make sure that the original quality of the source files remains as close to original as possible. While it does not promise 100 percent lossless conversion, the fact that it is still insistent on the fact that most of the quality will be retained is definitely something to admire, since otherwise, it would be straight-up lying to the users.
- Faster Conversion Speeds: My biggest issue with most of the software solutions that I use is that they have a slow conversion speed mainly because all the conversion is being handled by the software itself. However, with VideoSolo, you do not have to worry about that because the software can actually utilize your hardware and that results in faster conversion speeds. This means, the more powerful your computer is, the better it is going to be with the overall conversion.
Why Use VideoSolo BD-DVD Ripper?
Honestly, it is not easy to convince those who are keen-eyed and are aware of everything. With so many software solutions already available in the market, it becomes hard to actually give a proper argument as to what software solution should be used and which one should be avoided.
Below, we are giving you some valid reasons as to why you should be using VideoSolo BD-DVD Ripper.
Simply put, with a good software solution like VideoSolo, you really do not have to worry about the conversion speed or any other factor regarding the conversion. It happens to be one of the most comprehensive software solutions that will provide you with excellent conversion experience.
You really do not have to worry about anything. Simply set the required parameters, and you would be good to go.
Hardware acceleration, in my opinion, is one of the features that are often overlooked by a lot of people and developers, too. It is not that difficult to implement, in the first place. However, when implemented properly, it becomes one of the best things about any good DVD ripper.
If you do have hardware that is powerful enough, this software can make use of that without any issues, whatsoever. The benefit of having something that is hardware accelerated is that it actually users your hardware and ensures that all the conversion or ripping is done with proper speeds so you do not have to wait a lot in order to have everything ready for you.
Support for Every Device
Another great thing that I like about this software is that with this software, you will not have to worry about lack of support for your device. Have the latest iPhone? No worries. Want to rip something for an older device? That can be readily done, too.
You name it, and this software does support your device. However, in the rare case of your device not being in the list, you can always opt for the option that lets you create your own profiles, so you do not run into any issues.
How to Use VideoSolo BD-DVD Ripper?
Now that we are done with highlighting most of the things, the next step in the process focuses largely on how to use this software. If you are worried that it might be too much to handle, then don’t be. The process is fairly simple and straightforward, so you should not have any issues.
Step 1: Make sure that you have inserted the disk into the drive.
Step 2: The next step is to launch the software, click on Load Disc, and choose the type of loading method that you want to go with. If you have an ISO, you are going to need to mount them using a virtual drive.
Step 3: Now you have to choose the output format that you need to go with.
Step 4: Once you are done selecting the output format, simply go ahead and choose the destination folder.
Step 5: Once that is taken care of, simply go ahead and click on Convert, and the process will start.
Do keep in mind that the time required for proper conversion will depend on a number of things like your hardware specifications, as well as the condition of the disk and the size of the files that you are ripping. All these things will play a very important role, so it is important that you keep that in mind.
As far as the pricing is concerned, the good thing is that this software follows a competitive pricing strategy. Which means that the prices are a lot similar to what you would pay for similar software solutions. However, this one is definitely one of the better ones I have tested.
To keep things cohesive and confusion-free, the pricing for both Windows and Mac version is the same.
- 1-year subscription: $29.95
- Single license for a lifetime: $39.95.
- 5 PC license for a lifetime: $69.95.
In conclusion, I have to say that there is no shortage of DVD rippers in the market. You can find countless options in the market. However, it is not about how many options you have, it is more about what works the best.
The good thing about VideoSolo BD-DVD ripper is that it works really well in almost all situations. Making this one of the most complete experience that you will get from any DVD ripper available on the market. Granted, the interface is slightly dated, but that can always be taken care of.