There is no denying that screen recording programs have caught up, and are slowly becoming a necessity for many people. Whether you are recording tutorials or your game-play videos; a good screen recording software can do wonders. Today, we a look at the Wondershare Filmora Scrn. A handy and reliable screen recording software that is creating waves in the market.
Normally, the screen recording software is not easy to use for beginners due to a plethora of advanced features. Thankfully, Filmora Scrn keeps it simple with only the necessities that are enough for beginners. However, do not let its simplicity fool you as the software has a lot of great features that we are going to look at.
List of Filmora Scrn Features
It is actually quite simple to judge software by the feature set it provides; in case of Filmora Scrn, the features mostly cater to gamers, and the general public as well. Below is a list of some of my favorite features of the software.
120 FPS Recording
For gamers, high refresh rate gaming is has become the holy grail; however, not many recorders offer to record at the same refresh rate. Lucky for us gamers, the Filmora Scrn provides a recording of up to 120 frames per second, making it one of the best screen recorders on market.
Screen and Webcam Recording at the Same Time
If you are planning on uploading a tutorial video, or a game-play video on YouTube with your face in the video, Filmora Scrn lets you record both at the same time, with options to adjust the size, as well as the resolution, providing you full control over how you want the output video to be.
Capture the Audio
With Filmora Scrn, you can not only capture the video but also the audio, allowing your viewers to have the full experience when viewing your videos. Because without the audio at hand, it would just be a waste of time.
Having video editor built into the screen recording software has become a basic feature in most screen recording programs, but Filmora Scrn keeps it simple by ensuring only the basic functionalities. However, this limits the advanced users who want to have more control over how they edit their videos. Still, a respectable feature nonetheless. The video editor has a lot of other features in the latest version as well, listed below.
- You can choose from 100 annotations and cursor effects.
- You can add blur effects to your videos to hide information should you want to.
- Users can change the speed of the audio or the video.
- Audio Editing allows you to mute the audio, increase the speed, reduce the background noise, and even record your own audio.
- You can use quick fade in and out on both video and audio just by dragging.
Filmora Scrn has a very amazing feature that allows you to add markers in your video. These markers help you identify some of the key moments during your recording. Imagine recording a tutorial, and making a mistake, you can simply press the M key, and add a market there so you can fix it later on.
Filmora Scrn Advanced settings allow you set HotKeys to make the recording process much easier and the best part is that it offers several Encoding options which deliver a broader spectrum of video quality options specifically designed to produce smaller video files, you can choose to encode the recorded video in H.264 or FastJPG format with High, Mid or Low video quality.
How to Use Filmora Scrn to Record and Edit Videos
I have seen many people complain about how the screen recording software that they are using is not an easy one to use for one reason or another. The good thing is that Filmora Scrn is among the easiest ones to use. You can check out the detailed tutorial below.
- Run the software once the software is downloaded and installed from here.
- As soon as the software is up and running, you will be presented with a window that will say “Quick Capture”, or “Video Editor”. Click on Quick Capture.
- You will now see a small overlay appear at the bottom right of the screen. The overall will show you the capture button along with some basic settings that you can change. You can click on “Start capturing”, and the software will start recording the video.
- Once the video is done capturing, the video you have recorded will be exported directly to the video editor where you can edit it according to your liking, or just export the video. If you choose to export, you can save the video in a variety of formats like MP4, GIF, MOV, and many others. You can even upload the video straight to platforms like YouTube, Vimeo Twitch, or Facebook.
- Should you choose the video editor option, you will be taken to the video editor, where you can edit the video to your liking. You can trim videos, add animations, or and even add music. The user interface is simple and straightforward so you will not have any confusions.
- Once the editing is done, you can go ahead click on Export and then choose to Create Video.
- You will now be taken to a new menu where all the output information of the edited video will show up. Here you can make all the changes you want, and once you have made the changes, you can click on Export to export the video.
That is all, folks. This is all there is to using the Filmora Scrn; it is indeed one of the easiest screen capture software that you can use, and it does not create any issues for you either. It works wonderfully and gets the job done without any issue whatsoever.
I have tested countless screen recording programs in the market, and always found a lack of balance among them. Some were too advanced, but at the same time, they were not easy to use. The ones that were easy to use did not have any features to write home about.
In a situation like this, Wondershare Filmora Scrn works the best, because it happens to be the best screen recording software I can think of. Sure, it lacks some of the advanced features in the video editing department, but it makes up for it by offering outstanding features such as recording at 120 FPS.
The user interface is also sleek, easy to understand and get around without any unnecessary popups or buttons waiting to confuse you. I like how things are in this software. As far as the pricing is concerned, the software is priced at $19.99 for a year’s license, but just by paying a $10 more, you can get a lifetime license for $29.99. Which is a great deal?
Moving on to the things that I have some complaints about; there is a noticeable impact on performance in games, but if you have a powerful PC, it should not be an issue. In addition to that, there is a lack of advanced features in the built-in screen recorder, but if you have a good free video editor that you prefer using, then this should work just fine.
All in all, the Wondershare Filmora Scrn is a great recorder that will cater to most of the gamers, as well as casual users.
- Intuitive and easy to use.
- 120 FPS recording is a great feature.
- Works well for beginners.
- The picture-in-picture mode is good.
- The performance impact on games can be a bother for some.
- The video editor lacks advanced features.